Can we see a lot of Richards and Langham on opposite sides?

No, we have Langham on a very strict pitch count. He comes in late for saves.

One of the most mind boggling things I've seen, after Bc I thought he would be getting serious burn. Then after Fsu it was guaranteed , well after GT....oh well ..... I can't explain it.

Yea it's confusing. If he's good enough to depend on late he should be able to see the field early.

Would love it if they stuck with the top performers and kept the rotations to a minimum, maybe there would be more consistency then.

If they kept rotations to a minimum, langham would never see the field since he and Richards play the same position.

Advertisement
For the folks that have actually played football at a collegiate level, how easy or common is it to switch a player from a flanker to a split end or vice versa in the middle of a season? Seeing as how this is becoming the latest thing that fans have latched on to cry about. Is it easy or common for any random wr to just switch positions and learn the routes and nuances in a week of practice? Two weeks?

We need to at least see if Langham can high point them and help solve our epidemic red zone problem.

For the folks that have actually played football at a collegiate level, how easy or common is it to switch a player from a flanker to a split end or vice versa in the middle of a season? Seeing as how this is becoming the latest thing that fans have latched on to cry about. Is it easy or common for any random wr to just switch positions and learn the routes and nuances in a week of practice? Two weeks?
What a funny and flawed tone.

For those who come on here to genuinely discuss football and aren't overprotective of virtually anything that may seem like an attack on Coach Richt, it was reported multiple times that Richards saw time in multiple spots during Fall camp.

I can't confirm that because I didn't watch Fall practice this year, but others can probably pull up the posts. D$, who did watch practice, mentioned it a few times as well.

No, we have Langham on a very strict pitch count. He comes in late for saves.

One of the most mind boggling things I've seen, after Bc I thought he would be getting serious burn. Then after Fsu it was guaranteed , well after GT....oh well ..... I can't explain it.

It's a mystery to me as well. I was sure he was going to start opposite 8 & 82.

Advertisement

For those who come on here to genuinely discuss football and aren't overprotective of virtually anything that may seem like an attack on Coach Richt, it was reported multiple times that Richards saw time in multiple spots during Fall camp.

I can't confirm that because I didn't watch Fall practice this year, but others can probably pull up the posts. D$, who did watch practice, mentioned it a few times as well.

Sorry. After reading literally hundreds of posts blaming richt's playcalling for the offense's struggles, I can't help it. People think richt is the reason why our plays are so "unimaginative" when the real answer has been smacking them in the face.

Sorry. After reading literally hundreds of posts blaming richt's playcalling for the offense's struggles, I can't help it. People think richt is the reason why our plays are so "unimaginative" when the real answer has been smacking them in the face.
Fair, but some of us just want to talk football. It's not an attack on a man who knows more football than probably all on here combined. Ignore the irrational posts. There are plenty. There are also some decent football discussions every now and then. Discouraging those hurts the board's quality. Even Coach Richt mentions stuff he's either working on or needs to work on.

Would be surprised if this is a wrinkle he doesn't implement.

I don't care what the coaches need to do, or who needs to sit (outside of Richards), but Langham needs to be seeing the field with a large snap count, period! And I've been saying this since game 1. The guy simply makes plays, and he is a matchup NIGHTMARE for college DB's, becuase he has good hands, knows how to use his body and he has ELITE body control for a guy his size.

Its **** near criminal to not find snaps for this guy. He's a gamer, and he's been our savior for 2 **** games! What more does the man need to show you? PLAY THE MAN!!

And yes, Richards and Langham on each side with Berrios or Thomas in adjacent to both would be MURDER on defenses! Give the people what they want. Richt!

Very well said!! Play Langham way more for all the above reasons. He's more reliable catching the ball than any of our other receivers and he looks like a man among boys given his size.

Wouldn't it be nice if a reporter that covers the team and gets to talk with Richt would ask questions like this?

Advertisement
Listening to hurricane hotline he mentioned again that Langham is ahmmon backup and you want ahmmon on field too.. they play same position.. no mention of moving him around.. maybe holding cards close to vest but from what we have seen on field not expected

lol... Just go back to the FSU game when FSU's so called Sean Taylor was scared didn't know who to defend. He left BB wide open on a fade route...

Advertisement
if there's one guy who seemed to be on the field a lot vs syracuse whose snaps i would reduce it's mullins. he doesn't really seem to be able to get open. harley has had a bit of a rough season but he's also been open plenty of times this year. (herndon caught a pass early in the game on a blown coverage up the sidelines -- harley ran a post on that play and toasted his man and the safety.) langham and mullins have generally the same skill set but langham has been >>>

(i'm not sure cager saw the field vs cuse, for all those who have been complaining about him)

Advertisement
Honestly, Mullins is an average player to me - way too hyped as a freshman. Was out of shape and didn’t know the playbook for most of his career here. He has a chance in the spring but if he doesn’t step up, he may be relegated to same amount of snaps as this year - next yesr

I don't understand why Dayall Harris is on the field.

Probably bc he’s not as good as the other guys, suspension notwithstanding

giphy.gif

I was pretty discouraged that Harley was a starter against Syracuse.

Richards, Berrios, Langham, Thomas have proven themselves time and again. We really don't need to play 7 or 8 WRs.

Everyone gets a turn for us at WR and DB, but not at other positions. Weird.

Advertisement
Back