Can we name one position coach currently earning his paycheck?

Advertisement
giphy.gif

Advertisement
TE play, from Brevin, has been solid. He’s talented and making plays when given the opportunity. Unfortunately, he’s also a solid blocker for his size and position and needs to block more than he should. Mallory has been a disappointment to date. Miami really needs a blocking TE or two.

RB play? They seem to often whiff in pass protection. Coaching in this aspect of the game is average at best.

Advertisement
Sorry this won't be popular but our wide receivers are catching the ball better this year. Blame the trash offensive line and their inability to pass block, or establish a run game, the disjointed/stubborn play calling, and conservative/erratic hybrid of our qb play this year, but Stubblefield has our wide receivers catching the ball better. That's been the only positive outside of Field having a mega talent at tight end and the easiest job to coach on offense.

TE but I think it's more of the players being great. Manny has put a crap staff together.

I've often thought the UM players today play not to get
injured,after all who plays in the NFL if you have a serious
knee injury or repeated concussions.Poor coaching,doubtful
over rated recruits possible.
But the missed tackles or even more did not even try to tackle
is a big problem.And CANEINSIGHT and recruiting services
are also part of the problem.The FB season is ruined if the
U is not rated in top 10 recruiting class.Give me players willing
to leave all they have on the field rather than what we have now
those who save themselves for the NFL.

Advertisement
Can we name more than 5 players earning their scholarship? Team has quit on Manny and this staff.

WRs actually look improved this year. Pope looking decent and Wiggins making plays, both were awful last year.
QB is improved but as someone above said, Enos is not earning that $1M a year as OC. Surprise surprise here Saban knew what he was doing, Enos is a qb coach not a playcaller
RBs look good but not giving Lo a few carries could seriously cost us when he goes portaling

Not impressed with any other unit as a whole

I will continue to stan for Rumph, who is an excellent teacher of the position. Bandy didn't trust his technique on that crucial pass near the end of the game but our corners usually play those correctly.

Hard to tell if Hickson is a good coach because we rarely run the ball. Our backs look improved but they still miss reads so it could just be the S&C improvements.

Field is not a good position coach. Mallory has awful technique in all aspects of the position and Jordan still doesn't know how to block.

Advertisement
Sorry this won't be popular but our wide receivers are catching the ball better this year. Blame the trash offensive line and their inability to pass block, or establish a run game, the disjointed/stubborn play calling, and conservative/erratic hybrid of our qb play this year, but Stubblefield has our wide receivers catching the ball better. That's been the only positive outside of Field having a mega talent at tight end and the easiest job to coach on offense.
Receivers are getting open more too compared to last year but we haven’t always hit them down the field. I’m fine with Stubbs honestly and i know it’s not popular but the receivers are playing better than they did last year and it isn’t close.

Last edited:
I will continue to stan for Rumph, who is an excellent teacher of the position. Bandy didn't trust his technique on that crucial pass near the end of the game but our corners usually play those correctly.

Hard to tell if Hickson is a good coach because we rarely run the ball. Our backs look improved but they still miss reads so it could just be the S&C improvements.

Field is not a good position coach. Mallory has awful technique in all aspects of the position and Jordan still doesn't know how to block.

I think Rumph gets more criticism than he deserves BUT we make the mistake of taking dropped passes by WR and bad throws by QB's as good defense.
Plenty of wide open recivers that we are just lucky that they are missed. That might be the defense overall but still.

These position coaches don't hire themselves and these HCs don't hire and extend themselves.

At Miami, we employ the unemployable.

Advertisement
Back