Can we have a moratorium on the Reunion talk

NVA CANE

All-American
Please stop throwing names out there like Soldinger, Chud for OC, Schiano for DC, etc. if we get Butch.

Please no more Ed Reed for DB coach
Ray Lewis for LB coach
Mario for Oline coach

Thank you for your cooperation

Advertisement
I don't mind the Butch and Dorsey talk, because Dorsey is a very successful QB coach at the highest level, and has spent what, 9 years total in the NFL as either a backup or a coach? He's more qualified than either Chud or Fisch when they were hired here.

But I do agree. I don't want an all Miami staff just for the sake of having an all Miami staff. That's asking for trouble.

Advertisement
It only reinforces how most fans are living in the past.

The same fan base that flew banners to Fire Butch when he was here. That's just how stupid the collective hivemind is.

Now they are certain that that bringing Butch back will magically open a time machine back to 2000.

Having the fan base decide the coach is as dumb as having the players pick the coach (See Coker)

If the fans were in charge Jimmy Johnson never would have never be hired (and thus no Butch). Ericson...probably not either.

Say No To Butch
Say No To Stupid Hivemind
Say No To Un-Proven Power Small Conference Wonders (Herman / Fuente)

Go get someone recently active in the NFL to coach. (Doesn't have to be Schiano)

Chud, Sean McDermott from the Panthers. Somebody who is actively coaching at the highest level.

Last edited:
And I didn't realize that Kevin Patrick was literally the only choice for DL coach

Advertisement
Butch Hiring Day is 27 away

Will it be fabulous? Here's what the Fabulous Thunderbirds say:

I wanna believe things are gonna be alright
I said I wanna believe things are gonna be alright
If they ask you a question, am I living in a dream
The world may be against us, at least that’s how it seems
When the water gets choppy, can hardly stay afloat
Remember when the things get funky we rocking in the same ol’ boat

I wanna believe it’s gonna be alright
Hey, can you hear me out there people

I woke up this mornin’, I thought I saw the light
Don’t need no complications, no more driver in my life
I believe we need to deviate from the path we goin’ now
Change the negative to the positive, and turn that life around

I wanna believe things are gonna be alright
I said I wanna believe things are gonna be alright
Oh, I wanna believe it’s gonna be alright

[video=youtube;hPm_4D4h0e4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPm_4D4h0e4[/video]

From their album, On The Verge. It always seemed that this band was on the verge of something bigger.

The same fan base that flew banners to Fire Butch when he was here. That's just how stupid the collective hivemind is.

Now they are certain that that bringing Butch back will magically open a time machine back to 2000.

Having the fan base decide the coach is as dumb as having the players pick the coach (See Coker)

If the fans were in charge Jimmy Johnson never would have never be hired (and thus no Butch). Ericson...probably not either.

Say No To Butch

Go get someone recently active in the NFL to coach. (Doesn't have to be Schiano)

Chud, Sean McDermott from the Panthers. Somebody who is actively coaching at the highest level.

SO let me understand, it is the rest of the fans who don't know crap. You on the other hand do have the CORRECT solution. I missed the notice about God anointing you. We all have opinions. Clearly the BOT sucks at picking coaches too.

By the way, how do we know JJ was the right choice. I love him, but he choked and got out coached in two NC games with the best or second best team ever. Not to mentioned deciding to kick to Rocket in South Bend -- that was smart. It took JJ until year 4 to win a Bowl game. Even hindsight is not 20-20.

For me we are at point where program will die with the wrong coach right now. Butch is safest pick. He has high upside and lowest risk(worse case he leaves abundant talent).

Advertisement
Please stop throwing names out there like Soldinger, Chud for OC, Schiano for DC, etc. if we get Butch.

Ray Lewis for LB coach
Mario for Oline coach

Agreed..........right after we bring back Sam Jankovich as AD, JJ as HC (Butch as HCIW of course) and John Routh as Sebastian The Ibis

Last edited:
Advertisement
Thank you for your opinion...

However, if Butch is named HC, which is a possibility there will be folks with ties to Miami on the staff. It would be foolish to think otherwise. No one knows who they would be, but Dorsey has already been mentioned and the likely spot on staff for him is OC.

If you choose to suppress yourself from salient discussion, by all means, indulge.

This is a football discussion board where the self evident purpose is to....discuss football.

Ray Lewis for LB coach
Mario for Oline coach

You can't stop me from thinking how cool it would be for Ed Reed to be at recruit's homes.

Thank you for your opinion...

However, if Butch is named HC, which is a possibility there will be folks with ties to Miami on the staff. It would be foolish to think otherwise. No one knows who they would be, but Dorsey has already been mentioned and the likely spot on staff for him is OC.

If you choose to suppress yourself from salient discussion, by all means, indulge.

This is a football discussion board where the self evident purpose is to....discuss football.

Ray Lewis for LB coach
Mario for Oline coach

There is nothing salient about throwing out names just cause they have Miami ties. I didn't mention Dorsey in my OP for a reason. At least hes working his way up the chain. These other names that people throw around are ridiculous.

Say No To Butch

to bad your mom didnt say no when you was conceived

Advertisement
Back