Can we get a turnout for Savanah St?

We drew well in 01-02 when all the bandwagon ******s were getting involved. We might add a thousand or so wiggers that see we're ranked now, but I don't expect much of a turnout.

Advertisement
I hear UM is planning on hold a select-a-section event for the savannah st game. Where fans get to come out and select which section of the stadium they would like to have all to themselves. :eek:

No reason to think the crowd? will be any better than the small gathering for Bethune-Cookman last year.

Yes there is. Last year there was no buzz. This year we will be a top 15 undefeated team coming off our biggest win in 10 years. I'm not saying we get 50,000, but we should get more than the 20,000 actual fans we had for Bethune. No reason we get less than 35,000 actual fans, hopefully more.

As for kickoff time, since this game will likely be ESPN 3 only, we can probably make sure it's not a noon kickoff.

Advertisement
Miami will draw at least 35k. Hopefully it isn't a Noon game.

Advertisement
Id say 40-45K would be a pretty good turnout. As others have already said, even in the best of times, we didnt draw more than around 45-50K for a game like this, even at night, in the OB. Difference was that the OB hid smaller crowds better. This stadium looks empty even with 55K in the stands.

UM Needs a 50-55K seat stadium, with the ability to add 5 more for big games.

What worries me is that this game might not even be able to be considered a scrimmage. Savannah State is the collegiate equivalent of 3-A high school football. It's going to be ugly, and I am not sure many will come to see the carnage.

my guess its a 7pm game since we won sat...a loss and we would be looking at noon..

no tv so its really when Sav st and the ACC want this game played....I would think Sav st would want a nice night game in the nicest PRO stadium they will ever play in...

we should find out this week...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back