Can we finally recruit a kicker?

Advertisement
I want this guy back

kickertackle2.gif

Advertisement
Every primary kicker and punter have all been on scholarship for many years.

Hes a good solid kicker but had an injury over the summer and doesnt have full range back. The program IQ of many posters on here is so low. At least know what your talking about before you get negative and ***** about things.

Advertisement
Hes a good solid kicker but had an injury over the summer and doesnt have full range back. The program IQ of many posters on here is so low. At least know what your talking about before you get negative and **** about things.

He's been inconsistent as **** before this year, you look like the one lacking IQ

Hes a good solid kicker but had an injury over the summer and doesnt have full range back. The program IQ of many posters on here is so low. At least know what your talking about before you get negative and **** about things.

He's been inconsistent as **** before this year, you look like the one lacking IQ

I understand the frustration of kickers, but 13 of 17 last year, his ONLY year of starting......I'm not sure that qualifies as "inconsistent as ****" with such a small amount of data points. He did have a back injury this summer. Anyone who has ever had a back injury understands how much it affects the strength in your legs.

He'd made 9 straight before yesterday, so that would seem to be fairly consistent. He had offseason back surgery. He's obviously not okay and I'd hope we're looking at other options this week. I'd wondered why we never looked at 2 long field goals at Louisville. Now it's obvious why.

Yeah, a lot of programs would deal with a justification that a kicker is nursing an injury so it's all good that we can't feel confident about anything but PAT's. Get outta here with this. Kid can kick or he can't.

Advertisement
Do some of you guys actually watch games? He's made 2 fg's in the 40 + range and the rest is 20-39 range . There's been times Al wouldn't even attempt fg's last year, rather take chances on going for it. If it's not a chip shot he won't make it .

Good kickers make majority of their 40 + yard attempts . We barely even let our guy attempt them .

Like poster above said , " Xp 's is all we're confident in".

Do some of you guys actually watch games? He's made 2 fg's in the 40 + range and the rest is 20-39 range . There's been times Al wouldn't even attempt fg's last year, rather take chances on going for it. If it's not a chip shot he won't make it .

Good kickers make majority of their 40 + yard attempts . We barely even let our guy attempt them .

Like poster above said , " Xp 's is all we're confident in".

Not everything needs to turn into an argument.

Inconsistent and lacking range are two different things. He consistently makes the ones within his range and misses those outside it. He hurt his back which further limits his ability. His back and range problems are why I thought it was stupid to ***** about kicking last night instead of going for it like it was PS4. We should be evaluating other options at kicker.

Last edited:
The talent at the Kicker position at the ncaa level is atrocious. Look around at other programs. Hes easily an above average kicker. 13-17 is **** near groza watch list worthy. AG chose to not attempt alot of long kicks because much like alot of college coaches he doesnt see the value in it. Better odds to just go for it unless its 4th and real long.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back