Can someone please explain to me....

Don't make Enos put his foot on anybody's throat. You seen how savage his offense is when he is paying past employers back.

This guy is a monster play caller. I've been told his playbook is so beyond the average mind. The Zodiac can't even decipher it.

Advertisement
Don't make Enos put his foot on anybody's throat. You seen how savage his offense is when he is paying past employers back.

This guy is a monster play caller. I've been told his playbook is so beyond the average mind. The Zodiac can't even decipher it.
All the coaches talk up a good game. Then we see the dung pile on the field.

The benefits of running primarily under center in modern college football? Feels like we are still a day late and a dollar short in our offensive schemes. Also feels like due to our extremely poor oline that it would behoove Enos to run something that better hides or deficiencies there and highlights our playmakers on the perimeter.
If you are really a staff member you would know that this board does nothing but complain when we constantly try to run the ball out of the shotgun. I guess the coaches read this forum.

Here's what I can find. The spread works in high schools and many colleges that have smaller and less talented players. It is not effective when you move up in competition against teams with defensive talent that is more intelligent, bigger, stronger, and faster. That's why it's not used in the Pros (even though they incorporate spread elements) as the base offense. It's also why a spread team has yet to win an NCAA championsip.

Benefits (+’s):
  • You spread the defense out and force their 2 nd and 3 rd level defenders to play in space (on an island)
  • You spread them out, you have less guys to block when you run the football
  • If you use the same players, you don’t need to change personnel groups and therefore can go faster
  • The QB is usually 4 or 5 yards away from the line of scrimmage pre-snap, which is where the bad guys are that want to take his head off
  • Typically an up-tempo, no-huddle is used which can keep the defense from making any substitutions
  • If you don’t huddle, you can signal plays in to speed things up as well
  • Spreading out and going up tempo will also usually keep a defense from getting too complex and allow for easier reads for the QB
  • The fronts that the QB and OL see will also be simpler to prepare for
  • If you use wide splits by the OL, typically the DE’s are no longer a threat to get to the QB
  • Run and pass reads become easier for the QB as everything is spread out and not bunched together
  • Points tend to come easier for a spread offense as 1 defender ******** up his assignment is more costly than that defender ******** up vs. a non-spread team
  • If your OL can stay low, going out of a 2-point stance allows them to see things better before the snap
  • Run- pass option plays work better out of a spread, shot-gun formation
  • Uses the whole field, sideline to sideline
  • Allows you to get more reps during practice by going no-huddle
  • If you have smaller Offensive linemen than normal, this offense can help
  • If you have the personnel, who doesn’t like the spread?
Drawbacks (-‘s):
  • If your QB is having a bad day, your offense is having a bad day
  • If the weather is bad and your QB doesn’t throw a wet ball well, you could be in trouble
  • If you go 3 and out, you haven’t used much time up and your defense is right back out on the field
  • Some Coaches say: “three things happen when you throw the ball, two are bad”
  • If a defense is running a 3-5, you will have trouble outflanking them without a TE
  • If your Center is having a tough time snapping the ball, you could be in trouble if you haven’t practiced taking snaps from under Center
  • If you do go under Center at all you are usually running a QB sneak and the defense knows it
  • Harder to sell play-action passes from shot-gun, pistol can be easier but not as good as under Center
  • If you do need to take time off the clock, may be hard to do if you haven’t practiced it
  • Run game is a little limited without a TE and/or a FB
  • Must get creative to get a lead blocker on run plays (pulling a backside Guard or Tackle to substitute a Fullback)
  • If their skill players are better than yours, it’s going to be a long day
  • If the defense can play man coverage and bring all the rest of their defense on a blitz, you are in trouble!
  • If you get into any short yardage/goal line situations, you may have a hard time unless you have bigger personnel available
  • You don’t huddle and some coaches think that this helps to bring an offense together
  • If you don’t have a QB that can learn to make proper checks and play under pressure you’re in trouble
You can’t run a spread offense just because “everyone else is doing it”, and conversely you probably shouldn’t run the Pro Set if you have spread players. You have to recruit players that fit the system you want to run. Or the reverse, you have to adjust the system based on the talent you have.

Advertisement
The benefits of running primarily under center in modern college football? Feels like we are still a day late and a dollar short in our offensive schemes. Also feels like due to our extremely poor oline that it would behoove Enos to run something that better hides or deficiencies there and highlights our playmakers on the perimeter.

You're right to wonder. I'm gonna repeat it until my fingers fall off. Enos didn't ditch Saban for some.. Magical opportunity under Manny. Saban wasn't going to let him run his play action heavy, under center offense at Alabama. Manny let him, so he bounced. And now we see why nobody else attempted to hire him to run his **** offense.

Its the fatal flaw with coaches like him. They think their way is genius & everybody else is wrong. If only he had another chance to prove it. He's not going to change a thing. He said his goal is getting another HC job. So he's out to prove his genius.

Miami is 65th in the nation in total offense. "effective, efficient" ? send Enos an email with your contact info in case he needs a new agent ... LOL
Smh the offense sucked bro..my point is it’s not the system or what we are running so much as it is the oline..especially yesterday..against CMU..we pretend as though two things can’t be true. I told y’all until the oline gets fixed it doesn’t matter what we run. The offense will go through droughts

Smh the offense sucked bro..my point is it’s not the system or what we are running so much as it is the oline..especially yesterday..against CMU..we pretend as though two things can’t be true. I told y’all until the oline gets fixed it doesn’t matter what we run. The offense will go through droughts
just messing with ya Bro .. :)

Advertisement
100 different looks of the bubble screen should be our bread & butter. Force the S & LBs to spread, allow our RBs space to move & TE room to roam in the middle. Have the QB get the ball out quick, and once weve eaten them alive, hit them deep.

None

Even the relevant teams in the NFL run the spread and/or modern concepts out of single back sets none of the old pro style bs we run lol

It’s more about using multiple personnel and multiple looks. The more a defense has to plan for, the harder it is to defend. But You still have to execute up front no matter if your in Gun primarily or running a multiple offense. That’s where it starts. Now, for all the fans who think if we just operate out the gun, that will somehow solve the issues on offense..god bless you all lol..now our main issue is clearly upfront. We want to use a morw vertical passing attack but a lot of times we can’t based on what’s going on up front. Yesterday we struggled to run the ball for the first time also. Mainly do to being beat at the POA..I expect this oline to be different starting against Va tech.

Going gun won’t make us Oklahoma, but we don’t have to be.

Teams that are overmatched on the oline keep the sacks and pressures down just gameplanning to get the ball out quickly.

Take our defense for instance. Our d line could get pressure on offenses the last three years. They countered with three step drop and carved the defense up with quick passing. We didn’t start playing better until we stopped blitzing gratuitously and made qbs hold the ball.

Whether it is Richt or Enos, we play better when the three step drop is the core of our offense and build everything else on top of it.

We have to spread teams and force them to overplay the short pass. This gets the linebackers uncomfortable and starts to open things up. When the defense gets a defensive end on Brevin, our hour long run plays are DEAD.

The oline is bad, but we don’t call games like it. Been like that for years. Failure begets failure and it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. The players fall apart and the recruits everyone want to save us avoid this **** show like the plague.

Why come to Miami to regress? That is what we have become. The University of Regression.

We CAN play better than we are with the guys we have right now. It doesn’t look like we have the staff to pull it off. I don’t care how young we are, there is no reason to be so bad and look so untalented.

Advertisement
You're right to wonder. I'm gonna repeat it until my fingers fall off. Enos didn't ditch Saban for some.. Magical opportunity under Manny. Saban wasn't going to let him run his play action heavy, under center offense at Alabama. Manny let him, so he bounced. And now we see why nobody else attempted to hire him to run his **** offense.

Its the fatal flaw with coaches like him. They think their way is genius & everybody else is wrong. If only he had another chance to prove it. He's not going to change a thing. He said his goal is getting another HC job. So he's out to prove his genius.
It’ sounds like yuh know Enos personally

Ok guys a real X and O questions. Let’s say your offensive line is good. What is the benefit actually of being under center? For real I’m not kidding. My basic football knowledge tells me everything is easier in the gun. If the gun is better and easier than why is a lot of stuff in the nfl under center still? For real someone help me out.
Watch Georgia play calling. They are under center and heavy running. but they have an OL to make it successful. They have had numerous recent NFL draftees.

A genius adapts.

Advertisement
It’s more about using multiple personnel and multiple looks. The more a defense has to plan for, the harder it is to defend. But You still have to execute up front no matter if your in Gun primarily or running a multiple offense. That’s where it starts. Now, for all the fans who think if we just operate out the gun, that will somehow solve the issues on offense..god bless you all lol..now our main issue is clearly upfront. We want to use a morw vertical passing attack but a lot of times we can’t based on what’s going on up front. Yesterday we struggled to run the ball for the first time also. Mainly do to being beat at the POA..I expect this oline to be different starting against Va tech.
Can under center plays be adjusted to be played out of the gun effectively ?

Great thread. Nobody here has ever thought of this.

Advertisement
Back