Can someone please explain to me....

Trescerocinco

Retired staff
Premium
The benefits of running primarily under center in modern college football? Feels like we are still a day late and a dollar short in our offensive schemes. Also feels like due to our extremely poor oline that it would behoove Enos to run something that better hides or deficiencies there and highlights our playmakers on the perimeter.

Advertisement
The benefits of running primarily under center in modern college football? Feels like we are still a day late and a dollar short in our offensive schemes. Also feels like due to our extremely poor oline that it would behoove Enos to run something that better hides or deficiencies there and highlights our playmakers on the perimeter.
No idea, my man...none. It has to be an idiosyncrasy of Enos. Done so solely to tickle his fancy...Having Jarren routinely have to turn his back to the defense with this putrid offensive line is a mortal sin

@Calvin

Somebody is getting benefits of us running primarily under center, it’s just the opposing defense. Literally nothing good comes from those plays.

Advertisement
Ok guys a real X and O questions. Let’s say your offensive line is good. What is the benefit actually of being under center? For real I’m not kidding. My basic football knowledge tells me everything is easier in the gun. If the gun is better and easier than why is a lot of stuff in the nfl under center still? For real someone help me out.

I was at a high school football game Friday. They ran out of the shotgun unless it was a real/fake QB sneak.

So if it works in high school, the pros, and other other more successful college programs, I have no idea why we wouldn't.

Well, the benefit is to appease the brain
dead portion of our fan base that screams out "pro style bro that's what they do in the NFL the spread is Mickey Mouse bullshlt," of course.

We need to forget about the NFL, forget about NFL caliber players (yeah they help) but fact remains the vast majority never even sniff the NFL, but can be good college players when put in the correct scheme, our schemes have sucked on offence for a long long time. Wake Forests offence is like years ahead of ours.

Advertisement
Madden and others seem to think under center is better for your run game (if you have one) quicker cleaner pass-offs. Shotgun is better for reading the defense and reads in general since we don't have QB that ably do secondary reads and we have RBs avg 8 yds per carry some games im not against under center if we ran more.

With a good offensive line, it causes the linebackers to bite on a run and come up in run-stop freeing up the middle of the field for tight ends or h-backs to run routes.

It can really fake out a defense if the protection is there for the QB.

It also helps if you're QB can go through his progressions and process what he sees very quickly. Unfortunately Jarren doesnt do that well.

It completely works against us with our O line and our QB, but in objective theory it can be very effective.

We some trash bro but I spoke to Enos yesterday and he said buckle up because he’s about to open up the offense....

1569182636600.png

well couple things, just a change that the D has to study for is one, but you definatly need to do way more than just run under center. The pro style under center, which we are responsible for bringing into college football, is near unstoppable if you have the right pieces. Now there in lies the big Q, do you have the pieces, answer, no. Back in the day when we had the dogs, you just had to pick your poison on D, press we'll go over your head, play back fine we'll gouge you 8-10 yds a pop all day and break a few. We were light years ahead of the CFB world, QB-U/WR-U/TE-U/RB-U, but its near impossible at the college level to gather that many dogs all at once. OMG the pleasure watching Jim Kelley work, watch Vinny work, Bern, KD, Gino...these guys had all pro talent all over the place. Just think, KD comes up to the los, looks at how the D is set up, he has Andre Johnson out one way, Jason Gathers wide the other, Ethnic in the slot, Portis at TB, Shockdaddy at TE. How in the F you gonna defend that !! You need a pro style QB that can think, and has an accurate arm, its just so hard to get that kinda talent man. NO alabama does not have this level of talent, their guys get to the league and disappear

Advertisement
Ok guys a real X and O questions. Let’s say your offensive line is good. What is the benefit actually of being under center? For real I’m not kidding. My basic football knowledge tells me everything is easier in the gun. If the gun is better and easier than why is a lot of stuff in the nfl under center still? For real someone help me out.
It’s more about using multiple personnel and multiple looks. The more a defense has to plan for, the harder it is to defend. But You still have to execute up front no matter if your in Gun primarily or running a multiple offense. That’s where it starts. Now, for all the fans who think if we just operate out the gun, that will somehow solve the issues on offense..god bless you all lol..now our main issue is clearly upfront. We want to use a morw vertical passing attack but a lot of times we can’t based on what’s going on up front. Yesterday we struggled to run the ball for the first time also. Mainly do to being beat at the POA..I expect this oline to be different starting against Va tech.

We run RPOs..Run spacing concepts..run zone and power..misdirection screens..this offense has show a lot of different shifts and motions..nothing about this offense is outdated. So harping on let’s run a modern day offense is dumb..we are doing just that. Thinking if we ran primarily out of SG would make a world of difference is ludicrous because you still have to block..sure that up, stop the negative runs (mainly yesterday) and this is a effective, efficient offense

Enos knows very little...overrated hire.

Advertisement
If you have a OL thats gets push it can work great. Watch Bama push back other OL 3 yards off the snap, you really cant go wrong. Problem is our OL gets their **** pushed back 3 yards...

I watched ND @ Miami Nov 81 the other day, thing of beauty, ND didnt know whether to **** or go blind, they were totally lost trying to defend the run AND the pass. Back then most teams ran 90% of the time, and they dam sure didnt pass on first down, it was retarded, you omly passed on third and a cab ride, and that completion % was prolly 10 because the whole world knew

Advertisement
Back