Can someone explain the last 58 seconds?

This NOT hindsight but the correct thing to do is NOT to call timeouts and let FSU score on the first play. Then you have two TO's and about 55 seconds to score to tie or win. I would have played that way 100 out of 100. Chances are they score with first down from the 2 foot line on 4 attempts. MANNY IS ONE DUMBASS AND NEVER THINKS TO WIN. HE NEEDS TO BE FIRED TODAY ALONG WITH LASHLEE!
Especially, worse case scenario, a FG ties the game. While he's streaky, we know he CAN hit from 50+. I take 50+ seconds and a timeout or two every time over thinking I'm stopping them from the 6 inch line.

Advertisement
This NOT hindsight but the correct thing to do is NOT to call timeouts and let FSU score on the first play. Then you have two TO's and about 55 seconds to score to tie or win. I would have played that way 100 out of 100. Chances are they score with first down from the 2 foot line on 4 attempts. MANNY IS ONE DUMBASS AND NEVER THINKS TO WIN. HE NEEDS TO BE FIRED TODAY ALONG WITH LASHLEE!
I was screaming to let them score on first down from the 1 foot line and have a chance to win it or tie it with two time outs and at least 52 to 55 seconds left.
What a shame Manny couldn't see that when everyone else did.
Next year, GO CANES!!!

We give up an atrocious 4th and 14 (rush 3??) and with 58 seconds left we have 2 timeouts and they have the ball on the 1 foot line.

We call timeout??

And then another?? (Because at this point we have to).

Why not let them score and the.n we have 2 timeouts and 58 seconds left?

Seems like is was completely confusing.
I think it was Diaz showing why he has no business being the HC at Miami. That’s the explanation.

Manny thought the miracle birth was imminent
18927E98-5EA1-42C4-B14C-67922B0AE8CD.gif

Advertisement
We give up an atrocious 4th and 14 (rush 3??) and with 58 seconds left we have 2 timeouts and they have the ball on the 1 foot line.

We call timeout??

And then another?? (Because at this point we have to).

Why not let them score and the.n we have 2 timeouts and 58 seconds left?

Seems like is was completely confusing.
You mean the whole game? Or at least the last 3 minutes were just terrible

Diaz should have gone for it on 4th down when having possession. Convert and game over. You don’t convert and Noles have short field. So what. The Noles score and you more than likely have much more time to get your offense back out there.

Let’s be real here, Diaz and his D was not going to stop the Noles in the end.

Second scenario, you punt as you did and play your D. To give up the 4th and 14 was a fireable offense. To compound the mistake you play your timeouts at the one foot line as if you’re going to stop them? Not! There’s no question by 99.9999% of coaches what you do. Let team score and you have 50 seconds and one timeout if not both left. Plenty of time to give yourself a great chance to win.

Anyone thinking Diaz learns and changes from this loss is buying DOGE gold…

Advertisement
I think you have to call the first timeout to prevent them from running too much time off the clock before snapping the ball. Then you have 1 timeout with 50+ seconds left after letting them score.

I think you have to call the first timeout to prevent them from running too much time off the clock before snapping the ball. Then you have 1 timeout with 50+ seconds left after letting them score.
Yes, because at this point time is most important.

Nobody ever tell me how Manny uses analytics ever again. I guarantee the numbers would say to let them score and preserve your timeouts. Dude's a complete idiot.

Using Analytics is of NO USE if you don't know how .....or don't understand what they are telling you

Advertisement
This. Exactly. 2 yards to win the game. Go for it every time. I think we were on the 50 yard line too. Mind boggling and soft.
this is the same guy who played for the fg at the end of uva
the same guy who never tries to steal extra possession before half time
hes just a scared beta at every turn

Advertisement
Here's what happened:

1. FSU pushed the ball down to Miami's 1 yard line with 58 seconds left for a 1st and goal.
2. After the chains are set on first downs, the clock restarts. Manny didn't call a timeout until 12 seconds after the clock restarted and he saw the Seminoles just standing around and not having any urgency.
3. Even after Manny eventually called the timeout, he should have let FSU score the TD (but defend the 2pt attempt) and give the ball back to your offense to try to score a game-tying FG or GW TD.

Sorry for the all caps but....

THIS IS WHY COACHES DON'T GET THEIR FIRST HEAD COACHING JOB AT A MAJOR PROGRAM AND YOU ALLOW THEM TO FIRST GET EXPERIENCE AT PROGRAMS LIKE.........

TEMPLE. TO GET GAME EXPERIENCE.
Spot on, fella.

Travis cant throw on the run i live with that.

They had 6 in to block 3.

The crazy part is....if Travis took off....he likely gets it anyway because the only one still in the middle of the field is KeonTra Smith...he just gets by him and its an easy first or td..... Travis didn tlook away from the trips side....we had a cb (couch) looking directly at him and let a guy sSTILL get in to his zone untouched.

DIAZ is alwayyyyyys scary on 4th and longs...its infuriating. Last week this mfer had Nesta Silvera spying their qb to end the game...sh*t has no rhyme or reason. We suze at playing that sort of zone...but f it ...big game winning play im gonna call it. Im going to have no push up the middle on this qb that is some sh*t...Amari Carter is in covering grass on the other side of the field...i mean sh*t the whole back 7 likely covered not a sole
Even with his good statistically defenses, 3rd and 4th and long were a disaster. Time to move on.

Advertisement
Back