Can somebody please explain

GoCanes!!

Recruit
Banned
So Lorenzo Lingard posted a story of a "Gator draft" on his IG. What the **** kind of Cornball stuff are they doing up there? Does anyone have any insight they would like to share to try and explain this corny ish

Advertisement
Animated GIF

So Lorenzo Lingard posted a story of a "Gator draft" on his IG. What the **** kind of Cornball stuff are they doing up there? Does anyone have any insight they would like to share to try and explain this corny ish
Most of us are too busy trying to ignore Lingard. He was, IMO, the single worst 5 star ever. Imagine if NIL existed when he was coming out of high school and some booster/company/school paid him 6 figures.

Advertisement
Most of us are too busy trying to ignore Lingard. He was, IMO, the single worst 5 star ever. Imagine if NIL existed when he was coming out of high school and some booster/company/school paid him 6 figures.
There are going to be busts that make 6 figure NIL deals. Look at the numbers these Qb's are looking to get, how many are going to be legit star players?

Guy is trying soooooo hard to prove he's a real Gaytor Brandz guy...

I don't hate Lorenzo, I hope he has success in life, but it's just a sad situation that I have to laugh at ONLY because of the unnnatural obsession that Gaytor fans have with anyone who has ever had a 5-star rating at any time in his/her life, even if it was a 5-star rating as an Uber customer...

Guy is trying soooooo hard to prove he's a real Gaytor Brandz guy...

I don't hate Lorenzo, I hope he has success in life, but it's just a sad situation that I have to laugh at ONLY because of the unnnatural obsession that Gaytor fans have with anyone who has ever had a 5-star rating at any time in his/her life, even if it was a 5-star rating as an Uber customer...

Advertisement
Oh ye of short memory. In his freshman year before his injury he was a beast. He averaged over 8 yards per carry and a TD every 8.5 touches. Sure it was a limited sample size but he had the look of a future star. But, after the knee injury he was very average to JAG. He picked US when he could go anywhere. I wish him good luck even though he bounced.

Oh ye of short memory. In his freshman year before his injury he was a beast. He averaged over 8 yards per carry and a TD every 8.5 touches. Sure it was a limited sample size but he had the look of a future star. But, after the knee injury he was very average to JAG. He picked US when he could go anywhere. I wish him good luck even though he bounced.
You are correct. Small sample size but he did look good. But i can’t blame everything on the knee injury. I think he was very overrated.

By going 4 carries for 82 yards and 2 TDs against Savannah State. Followed up by going 13 for 54 against Toledo and FIU.

Advertisement
Look no further than dj uiagalalei and dr pepper

Fantasy Football Draft?

Advertisement
Look no further than dj uiagalalei and dr pepper

This is where NIL gets weird though. Dr Pepper could conceivably argue that even if he's a bust long term that using his name could boost exposure and they could see a return on the investment. Obviously they'd like him to be a star but even if they get a year out of him before people realize he's a bust they may get a return. Boosters, on the other hand, are only in it for the bragging rights. Their return is based entirely on field production. I think these bidding wars happening now because NIL is new will eventually lead to lower values because boosters will start getting burned enough that high prices won't make sense and there's nothing else to soften the blow. Just look at Miami's 5 stars the last few years.

One thing that I have not heard talked about is how these ranking sites now have an immense amount of power when it comes to player value. I would think the star rating system, as corrupt as it already was, is going to become incredibly corrupt now.

This is where NIL gets weird though. Dr Pepper could conceivably argue that even if he's a bust long term that using his name could boost exposure and they could see a return on the investment. Obviously they'd like him to be a star but even if they get a year out of him before people realize he's a bust they may get a return. Boosters, on the other hand, are only in it for the bragging rights. Their return is based entirely on field production. I think these bidding wars happening now because NIL is new will eventually lead to lower values because boosters will start getting burned enough that high prices won't make sense and there's nothing else to soften the blow. Just look at Miami's 5 stars the last few years.

One thing that I have not heard talked about is how these ranking sites now have an immense amount of power when it comes to player value. I would think the star rating system, as corrupt as it already was, is going to become incredibly corrupt now.
Kind of like how People were talking about Reebok's Dan vs Dave promotion once Dan failed to qualify.

If he’s the 1st pick, what’s that mean for their roster 😂

View attachment 188098
Feel like this is the sort of thing that should be in the Gators Tears thread. Not even sure of what a regimen draft team is and why is show me my opponent on the back of the jersey? Gapier seems to scream Al Golden to me with all of his corny stuff

Advertisement
Back