Can Pitt upset Domers??

Advertisement
Dang, I posted before seeing your post. Nice.

It's all good. I've been obsessed with football since birth. When I learned my multiplication tables, I mastered multiplication by 7 by converting it into touchdowns. You do NOT want to be sitting next to me during a game when a team is coming from behind and debating whether to go for the 2-point conversion.

You’d think Pickett was the reincarnation of joe Montana with how you sheep talk about him

Nah, I think people are missing the point on the Pickett comments.

He's a leader on that team, a multi-year starter, his teammates respect him. I don't think anyone would deny that Pitt plays better when Pickett is on the field. That doesn't mean Pitt will beat ND, but that they have a better chance against ND if Pickett can play (which it looks like he won't).

Nobody is saying Pickett is Montana.

And for the record, Montana never led ND to any undefeated seasons either. He was "good" at ND, but absolutely great at San Francisco.

That is all.

Advertisement
Nah, I think people are missing the point on the Pickett comments.

He's a leader on that team, a multi-year starter, his teammates respect him. I don't think anyone would deny that Pitt plays better when Pickett is on the field. That doesn't mean Pitt will beat ND, but that they have a better chance against ND if Pickett can play (which it looks like he won't).

Nobody is saying Pickett is Montana.

And for the record, Montana never led ND to any undefeated seasons either. He was "good" at ND, but absolutely great at San Francisco.

That is all.
Agree just having a little fun

It's all good. I've been obsessed with football since birth. When I learned my multiplication tables, I mastered multiplication by 7 by converting it into touchdowns. You do NOT want to be sitting next to me during a game when a team is coming from behind and debating whether to go for the 2-point conversion.
Me too. Exactly the same. I knew every possible combination and how it could happen, and how long it would take to do so. I don't know if football made math interesting, or if my love of numbers/stats/probabilities made football more interesting.

Advertisement
Nd is famous for losing to one of these lesser teams when they are overhyped. Is pitt our team?? Can their front 7 shut down nd’s williams?

I put 100 on it, just a small bet but it was worth it haha
Schematically they work against what ND does well.

Strong DL and great vs the run, and guess what ND can only do, is run, cause they're QB and TEs and WR are junk.
If Pitt can get a few explosive plays and put up 17pts they got a chance.

Pickett is so over rated. Dude was leading the country in passing yards because he had played more games than anyone and all against bad defenses until last week when he sat out. He is the 41st rated passer in the country. He was a 3* ranked 798 player in country. Yellin was a 4* and a top 300 player in the country.

But ND sucks and either qb could beat them. ND won't be able to score on Pitt.

I see what you're saying but the rankings comment is whatever. See Tate Martell vs King.

Advertisement
Back