Can Miami put 6000 yards of total offense on the board in 2020?

Advertisement
I think all Canes fans would be happy with a season on par with what Lashlee was able to do at SMU last year.

SMU only made 6000+ by 300 yards and played most likely worse defenses in American Conference, so I'd say Lashlee could be the next Dennis Erickson, we could go undefeated, win the conference and we still might not hit 6000.

But if we DO put up 6000+ we better start looking for a new OC cause Lashlee will get a major HC gig with that kind of noise.

So... Maybe.

King: 3.3k passing
King: 900 rushing
Cam: 1.2k rushing
RB2: 700 rushing
RB3: 300 rushing

That's 6.4k without accounting for QB2 yards. And kings passing yards are conservative there. He had 2.9k in like 9 games at Houston one season.

We reach 6k easy.

tenor (70).gif

We are on OC #3 after hearing “We can’t possibly get any worse on offense!”

And here...we...go...

Advertisement
@motorcitycane imma GTA ur thread really quick, b/c the thread I was going to create coincides w/ some of the points I wanted to touch on, so I beggayapardon kind sir.

Disclaimer: I hate Collin Cowherd.

However, he had a really good segment on his show today. He said there’s only two Tiers in CFB worth a ****, tier 1 & 2. Tier 1 are traditional blue blood teams that absolutely dominate college football no matter what era when they have the right coach. He listed Bama, OSU, USCw, and OU in that tier. He listed us in tier 2 along w FSU stating we’re not traditional powers, but when we have the right coach, there would be no such thing as a Clemson b/c we are unmatched.

The problem he had w us is infrastructure. Our infrastructure is a mess, meaning from top to bottom we have a lot of unknowns, including our QB who was once a WR that converted to QB, had “A” marvelous 2018 season, only to have a **** poor ‘19 campaign before shutting it down to preserve eligibility. Is he 100% healthy from his knee injury?

Is it realistic that we can hit 6k in total yards and reach that 10w plateau? Absolutely....but we could’ve literally said that every yr. Our infrastructure is still as f’d up as it is, which should always give us pause.

Last edited:
Let's see what the defense can do as well:

2019 4,022 Yards (6-7)
2018 3,623 Yards (7-6)
2017 4,734 Yards (10-3)
2016 4,509 yards (9-4)
2015 5,263 yards (8-5)
2014 4,285 yards (6-7)
2013 5,543 yards (9-4)
2012 5,837 yards (7-5)
2011 4,319 yards (6-6)
2010 4,203 yards (7-6)
2009 4,285 yards (9-4)
2008 4,127 yards (7-6)
2007 4,151 yards (5-7)
2006 3,322 yards (7-6)
Fvck you Dorito..thank god that worthless pos is no longer coaching

@motorcitycane imma GTA ur thread really quick, b/c the thread I was going to create coincides w/ some of the points I wanted to touch on, so I beggayapardon kind sir.

Disclaimer: I hate Collin Cowherd.

However, he had a really good segment on his show today. He said there’s only two Tiers in CFB worth a ****, tier 1 & 2. Tier 1 are traditional blue blood teams that absolutely dominate college football no matter what era when they have the right coach. He listed Bama, OSU, USCw, and OU in that tier. He listed us in tier 2 along w FSU stating we’re not traditional powers, but when we have the right coach, there would be no such thing as a Clemson b/c we are unmatched.

The problem he had w us is infrastructure. Our infrastructure is a mess, meaning from top to bottom we have a lot of unknowns, including our QB who was once a WR, that had A marvelous 2018 season, only to have a **** poor 19 campaign before shutting it down to preserve eligibility. Is he 100% healthy from his knee injury?

Is it realistic that we can hit 6k in total yards and reach that 10w plateau? Absolutely....but we could’ve literally said that every yr. Our infrastructure is still as f’d up as it is, which should always give us pause.

Definitely agree with the infrastructure concerns. No argument from there. Miami on top is definitely unmatched.

I wanted to touch on King. I was watching some games of his as the QB Not just the highlights. 2017-2019.

You are **** right about the knee injury.

One thing slightly concerning (no college QB is perfect or has perfect game) is some of his completion percentages. He makes up for it often times with the running ability.

but hitting 50% of passes against power 5 comp is interesting. Ultimately none of us care as long as the game ends with a W. (**** Rosier did 50% of his passes against power 5 comp and had Miami undefeated.)

Like you mentioned about the terrible 2019 where he was 52%. Watch his games against the Power 5 comp.

2018 King
DB27537D-728D-411B-BF80-428EA2F7A407.jpeg

2019 King
C7F11920-FD82-4073-BA3A-AF96EC3B4233.jpeg

2018 was great overall no doubt. But **** if we want 50% passers they could start Kosi for all that. Which version Miami is getting will be important.

8/15 games under 60%. So there’s no doubt he’ll likely add 2-4 games this season under 60%. When those off games come we need the running game and defense to step up.

The off games he’s likely to have could be the difference in having 8 wins or 10+ Wins.

Good thing we open with teams where we have time to gel.

Attachments

• 8F275AAA-ACAF-4296-93CD-9CF480B65BB0.jpeg
    8F275AAA-ACAF-4296-93CD-9CF480B65BB0.jpeg
    579.4 KB · Views: 4
Advertisement
Putting on the Orange and green goggles, King will be the difference and his running ability will cover up the o line weekness. Easy 6 k.

Definitely agree with the infrastructure concerns. No argument from there. Miami on top is definitely unmatched.

I wanted to touch on King. I was watching some games of his as the QB Not just the highlights. 2017-2019.

One thing slightly concerning (no college QB is perfect or has perfect game) is some of his completion percentages. He makes up for it often times with the running ability.

but hitting 50% of passes against power 5 comp is interesting. Ultimately none of us care as long as the game ends with a W. (**** Rosier did 50% of his passes against power 5 comp and had Miami undefeated.)

Like you mentioned about the terrible 2019 where he was 52%. Watch his games against the Power 5 comp.

2018 King
View attachment 120001

2019 King
View attachment 120002

2018 was great overall no doubt. But **** if we want 50% passers they could start Kosi for all that. Which version Miami is getting will be important.

8/15 games under 60%. So there’s no doubt he’ll likely add 2-4 games this season under 60%. When those off games come we need the running game and defense to step up.

The off games he’s likely to have could be the difference in having 8 wins or 10+ Wins.

Absolutely spot on; and the “soft games” to start the season is a blessing in disguise to help us gel.

Advertisement
Not with this offensive line. In order to maximize their potential, I see Scaife and Williams on the right side. That's average to above average. Gaynor is an OK college center, but nothing special.

The left hand side of the line is going to be an issue all year, and will lose its matchup against many opponents. Campbell would have to make serious strides just to be considered average. LG is a wild card. I don't know who starts there, but it will be someone unproven.

I know it's been said 1000 times before, but OL is the biggest elephant in the room and it isn't going away magically.

Amazing how many people have completely forgotten how bad the OL was last year.

2018 King
View attachment 120001

2019 King
View attachment 120002

I wouldn't even bother to look at 2019, new system which tried to make him a pure passer which he is most def not

I do say that Nskosi, Tate, or TVD better be ready because King will most likely miss a game or 2

Advertisement
It's not that easy.
7 of the 21 team needed 14 games to do it.
We will do it...in 14 games.

Pitt and MSU:
775 yds
VT, UVA, UNC, Temple and Duke:
2,000 yds
Wake, GT, and FSU:
1,500 yds
UAB and Wagner:.
1,100 yds
Clemson
Bowl Game

6,150 yards.
Book it.

Not with this offensive line. In order to maximize their potential, I see Scaife and Williams on the right side. That's average to above average. Gaynor is an OK college center, but nothing special.

The left hand side of the line is going to be an issue all year, and will lose its matchup against many opponents. Campbell would have to make serious strides just to be considered average. LG is a wild card. I don't know who starts there, but it will be someone unproven.

I know it's been said 1000 times before, but OL is the biggest elephant in the room and it isn't going away magically.
Look at the teams on this list. We know Miami doesn’t have great players on the offensive line but you’re going to tell me that Hawaii, UCF, Louisiana, Memphis, CMU, Washington State, FAU, SMU and Appalachian State have lines full of NFL talent? Of course not, they just play a style of offense that doesn’t require All Americans on the line to succeed. We’re so used to pro style offenses, we just assume you need a dominant line to move the ball even though lesser talented teams do more with less on a yearly basis

Advertisement
Back