Can Miami come close to a deal like this for an elite coach.

Advertisement
His agent is Trace Armstrong, who also represents Lincoln Riley. I’d say Trace had a pretty good week.

Wait; former Chicago Bear DE Trace Armstrong?? Man, loved #93. He played on some sucky teams which is y he was snubbed from hella pro bowls. Most underrated 100 sack club member. Forgot he’s a big time agent now.

I agree that he’s a good coach. Not sure what you mean by coaches coach, but his assistants did not like him. Not guessing on that. That is why they are all staying in South Bend with Freeman. I also believe (but don’t have firsthand knowledge) that he was wearing thin with Swarbrick.
I've heard the same. Was referring to him as a no BS kind of coach (Im old school all my good coaches were not our friends)

You may not like Mario then, he holds his assistants to a high standard and won't hesitate to get in their ***.

Advertisement
I've heard the same. Was referring to him as a no BS kind of coach (Im old school all my good coaches were not our friends)

You may not like Mario then, he holds his assistants to a high standard and won't hesitate to get in their ***.
I think that should be expected at this level. Kelly was beyond that. The way he left ND (not telling his coaches, group messaging the team) is a small window into the way he operates. His last two DCs before Freeman (Elko and Lea) were instrumental in his success and both couldn’t get out of here fast enough.

I don’t see anything absurdly ridiculous in there. If you have success you will be rewarded for it. Seems fair

Advertisement
-Interest free home loan of 20% of the home price up to $1.2M

That gets you a lot of house in Baton Rouge In Coral Gables not so much

Wait; former Chicago Bear DE Trace Armstrong?? Man, loved #93. He played on some sucky teams which is y he was snubbed from hella pro bowls. Most underrated 100 sack club member. Forgot he’s a big time agent now.
He had a law firm in Tampa after he retired. His commercials would always end with the slogan “ Going after your settlement, like I went after QB’s”, corny as ****

Why are people upset that Miami might give a coach that contract. I hope we give a coach something in that range. It means we are finally not crying poor and are showing we are ready to play with the big boys. We just can’t skimp on the assistant coach salaries to make up for the HC expense.

Advertisement
No, we can't pay that much. Neither can the vast majority of the rest of the schools. Nor should they for Mario or Lane.
I disagree that we can't pay that much. We can, and it would be absolutely money well spent with a solid ROI, for the right coach. I agree that we shouldn't for the two names mentioned, but it should be fairly close. As for the ridiculous contract clauses though, miss me with that ****.

Advertisement
Back