Can Jarren shock the CFB World...

Advertisement
Yes, he can if:

1) the OL comes together, plays with a chip on their shoulder and protects Jarren (particularly the OTs). The TEs & RBs also need to do their part to protect Jarren as fiercely as possible in his first start.

2) Enos & Manny don't handcuff Jarren with a super conservative gameplan (which I don't see happening at all). Given how aggressive he is in every other phase of the game, I don't expect Manny to play things conservatively at all. While I'm not expecting to see an Air Raid offense, it would be nice if Jarren is given the freedom to make any throw in the playbook. If he turns the ball over repeatedly, then rein him in. I'm confident we'll play to win.

3) Jarren continues to show strong leadership & takes charge of the game. He will have a great game if he comes in confident, heavily supported by his teammates & ready to ball out. He mostly needs to distribute the ball effectively to his playmakers...and he has a ton of those at his disposal. If he consistently hits those skill position players in stride, he'll have a great game. Having Brevin & Mallory as huge targets and dump-offs to our quality stable of RBs as a security blanket, should give Jarren a ton of confidence to simply be himself & play his game (which will be very good).

Advertisement
Back