Can Chris Johnson be used similarly

Branch looks like one of the most explosive and twitchy players that's hit college football in a decade or so. Same juice that Reggie Bush had or say a Percy Harvin type. Returning, I see some similarities to Hester. Guy has juice man, that dude is fire. Yes, I know that's a lot of big time comparisons, but **** he looks fire.

Advertisement
Woah. That kickoff return TD was almost Hester-like in terms of how he was at quarter speed and then full speed in a split second. Reminded me of Hester’s return against Duke. Kid has legit acceleration and speed.
You should have seen his TD return in the Under Armor game.

Last edited:
Ray Ray would get that opportunity before CJ since he's in the two deep. The speed is there for CJ to make plays but like Brooklyn said, he's nowhere near as shifty like Branch so I doubt we'd see that kind of impact. Ray Ray on the other hand is shifty; his acceleration looks Tyreek-lite sometimes.
I think some are downplaying CJ shiftiness, I think he is shifty enough to make someone miss in open field in 1 on 1 situations. As long as he gets the opportunity and OC put him in position. This play was spoken about in his commit thread and yes it was highlighted he ran 50 yards to gain 10 but when you run 10.2 you dont need much.. I think main thing is a guy like Ray Ray enrolled early like a branch and will get opportunity first. Chris didnt, is in a loaded position and got nicked up a bit in camp and missed some work which sets you back. Also some coaches value speeeeeeed more than others and put guys in position to have a role no matter what

Why CJ over Ray Ray or Robby? Those 2 would be a better comp and i would go on to yes. They can. They’re both just as lethal. And I’m not saying that cause they’re canes.
Mainly because CJ could potentially be the fastest player in CFB based on his track times. Harbor and Roderick Pleasant are around the same speed in the 100 but he was #1 in the 200 in America. The reality is CJ is significantly faster than anyone he’ll see on the field.

Advertisement
Can CJ be used similar to the way USC used Zachariah Branch. Hard to believe but CJ actually has more speed. I’ve never seen him play but watching Branch made me wonder if he has similar traits.

No not at all. Branch is elite elite.

Advertisement
Back