Can Chris Johnson be used similarly

sfcane2

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Can CJ be used similar to the way USC used Zachariah Branch. Hard to believe but CJ actually has more speed. I’ve never seen him play but watching Branch made me wonder if he has similar traits.

Advertisement
Why CJ over Ray Ray or Robby? Those 2 would be a better comp and i would go on to yes. They can. They’re both just as lethal. And I’m not saying that cause they’re canes.

Advertisement
No he’s not groupie
IMG_3910.jpeg

Can CJ be used similar to the way USC used Zachariah Branch. Hard to believe but CJ actually has more speed. I’ve never seen him play but watching Branch made me wonder if he has similar traits.
He has faster track speed but is nowhere near the football player Branch is.

Advertisement
CJ is faster straight line but nowhere near shifty like that. Now ray ray on the other hand and Robbie within another year or two are an entirely different story.

Last edited:
CJ is faster straight line but nowhere near shifty like that. Now ray ray on the other hand and Robbie within another year or two are an entirely different story.
Ehh, I been on the Chris Johnson bus for a minute but Branch got VERIFIED 10.33 as a SOPH in high school.. It would be CLOSE if anything..

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

Branch was one of 2 favorite recruit last season for a reason, was talking him up over a year but he was 5 star so no biggie.. Knew dude would be instant impact player.. To have 232 all purpose yards in first college game, MAN.. Exciting for cfb overall.. Ray Ray will probably be closest to something like that (as far as playing style and opportunity)

For others who missed it

Advertisement
To answer question, Can he, well Chris played wr in optimist but he is RB now, would have to switch positions to be used in similar ways unless Dawson got REALLY creative, you look at ways Lincoln used Branch and we have a similar play in playbook, We ran it in spring game but instead of a WR we ran it to Skinner in flats. Lincoln essentially had branch in like an H-back position and got him in space.. If you notice Lincoln made sure Branch got to touch the ball FIRST PLAY.. Who knows when Chris will play.. Got to get SPEEEEEEEED on the field ASAP and get it in space, PR, KR, etc.

Also like mentioned before, not soo sure Chris is "faster".. Branch ran 10.33 as a SOPH., Chris Johnson ran season best was a 10.74 as SOPH, As Junior he hit 10.45 and the offers flooded in. He stayed in high school to defend title while Branch enrolled early and dropped a 10.25 as senior.

Advertisement
What about using CJ how we should have and tried to use Rooster?

Line him up in the backfield, in the slot, even out wide. A multi-purpose knife.

Ray Ray would get that opportunity before CJ since he's in the two deep. The speed is there for CJ to make plays but like Brooklyn said, he's nowhere near as shifty like Branch so I doubt we'd see that kind of impact. Ray Ray on the other hand is shifty; his acceleration looks Tyreek-lite sometimes.

Ehh, I been on the Chris Johnson bus for a minute but Branch got VERIFIED 10.33 as a SOPH in high school.. It would be CLOSE if anything..

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

Branch was one of 2 favorite recruit last season for a reason, was talking him up over a year but he was 5 star so no biggie.. Knew dude would be instant impact player.. To have 232 all purpose yards in first college game, MAN.. Exciting for cfb overall.. Ray Ray will probably be closest to something like that (as far as playing style and opportunity)

For others who missed it

Woah. That kickoff return TD was almost Hester-like in terms of how he was at quarter speed and then full speed in a split second. Reminded me of Hester’s return against Duke. Kid has legit acceleration and speed.

Advertisement
Back