Camp Chatfield or Game Chatfield?

PittsburghCane

Redshirt Freshman
I know the back story and how miserably his camp season went, but it is really hard for me to ignore his tape. He fits the idea of what coach Rumph said, 4.4 speed isn't anything if it doesn't translate. Though Kool mentioned he has a minimum number in mind to consider ends. I'm torn on this kid. Does he show out again this season and get an offer? Or does his on field play have a Nesta sized asterisk? What do y'all think?

Advertisement
I know the back story and how miserably his camp season went, but it is really hard for me to ignore his tape. He fits the idea of what coach Rumph said, 4.4 speed isn't anything if it doesn't translate. Though Kool mentioned he has a minimum number in mind to consider ends. I'm torn on this kid. Does he show out again this season and get an offer? Or does his on field play have a Nesta sized asterisk? What do y'all think?

DE is the last position we need make exceptions for imo. Im all for letting his senior season play out and reevaluating though. The production cant be ignored but neither can his tweener skillset/athleticism.

How is getting invited to the opening a miserable camp season lol?

Advertisement
Seems like if we offer we would be a big player in the recruitment. Hope he gets one

Most camps he went to he got squished. And the one he cared about the most with Miami he got embarrassed. In front of Kool. Thats probably bad in his head, especially when it's apparent he wants to play at UM.

DE is the last position we need make exceptions for imo. Im all for letting his senior season play out and reevaluating though. The production cant be ignored but neither can his tweener skillset/athleticism.

The article below corroborates what coaches have expressed in wanting versatility across the board. Hes a tweener but that's what they want in a sense.

How is getting invited to the opening a miserable camp season lol?

Most camps he went to he got squished. And the one he cared about the most with Miami he got embarrassed. In front of Kool. Thats probably bad in his head, especially when it's apparent he wants to play at UM.

Advertisement
Wait and see approach with this kid.. not committed and wants to take a step back in recruiting rn works perfectly for us.. should the canes decide to offer he'll likely end up here with his AH teammates.. if they don't offer i wouldn't freak out especially with DJ and Garvin being in the stable for the next few years!

If this kid keeps balling in games I don't see how we don't offer him. I'll take a kid who plays good in actual games over a camp all star

Let's be real here, the only reason people care about this offer is because they think somehow it will help us with Tyson Campbell. But it won't.

Advertisement
Let's be real here, the only reason people care about this offer is because they think somehow it will help us with Tyson Campbell. But it won't.

Exactly... and that's been Brock's angle the whole time

I actually like Chatfield I know his camp settings been *** but and I dont know why I like the kid............my thing is if we gave Greg Rozay a offer why not him? I know we getting Tyson so for me it has nothing to do with that but im not the coaches so we shall see if he gets offered late or not at all. I wont lose sleep if we dont land him.

Advertisement
Seems like if we offer we would be a big player in the recruitment. Hope he gets one

Seems like.

You also wanted to offer Chatfield in order to secure Silvera and/or Campbell. How did that work out?

I have "screenshots" in case you can't remember.

FWIW I feel Tyson is coming with or without him and if anyone from that D could sway him on anything it's Nesta and Pat. Chatfield is a flyer player to me. I don't like passing up production. Results matter to me. With that said since he's not a complete package by any means makes him a player to wait on for the off chance we don't get a desirable number at LB/DE.

Game Chatfield has nothing to do with what skills will need to translate to CFB. The interceptions were great, but those plays have nothing to do with what he'll need to do at the next level. But people seem to not understand that.

Advertisement
Back