Cameron Rising

Advertisement
Charging the kids? I think it would deter some kids, depending on the cost.

If they are charging I would have to assume it’s like an application fee just like what a regular student pays when applying to a school $75-$100. Players can easily afford that with their stipend, not to mention any other “benefits” they receive.

Advertisement
The transfer model is our only shot under Richt.

We will always be the bride's maid w his recruiting. The new rule change might just save his aas.

Don’t forget, he gets big time second chance to ***** up— him and son coach them once they get here.

I think potential transfers will read the writing on the wall (and talk to current players) and see Jarren is the guy, Richts or not.

I don't mean to say "don't pursue a potential transfer," because you want as many real players as possible but when kids look at it like a business decision (or their advisors do) or fail to have that aforementioned idea about what commitment is then they will shy away from going where competition will lie, especially when that team finished 7-5 in a slouch division, the proverbial "guy" isn't leaving and the current staff hasn't shown an ability to develop QBs i.e. guys go pro early or realize a benefit to sticking around (Ohio State - Alabama, Oklahoma).

I'm aware this argument rests on the viewpoint that Jarren is the guy and that Richt will adapt or go away (you are all pessimistic about that one and rightfully so) but I think the general logic is sound.

Ultimate point being there is no excuse for having failed to identify a guy from the '19 class who fits the mold and culture and willing to come into a program and develop (with a real chance of doing so of course). You cannot afford to strikeout and such is utterly unacceptable, even if you think "awh shucks maybe we thought we had Michael Johnson at some point in la la land"

Advertisement
Wish Shane Buechele would transfer to Miami. He’s a solid runner and accurate passer. Stays out of trouble which would be nice.

A pro baseball player's son from Texas that plays QB? I don't see that ever working.

Advertisement
Back