Cam Ward to Portal

I know yall not acting like DJU isn’t a HUGE drop off from Ward

Acting like he’s a good backup option lol. There’s a reason no one else wants him besides FSU
I mean, he’s a drop off from Travis but it’s better than trotting out Emory Williams or Brock Glenn

Advertisement
I know yall not acting like DJU isn’t a HUGE drop off from Ward

Acting like he’s a good backup option lol. There’s a reason no one else wants him besides FSU
Literally. FSU did the same strategy to wait it out bc if they pull out there is only us at the negation table and vice versa if we pulled out it would be only them. We're all stuck here until Cam Makes his decision. Even if Cam chooses the NFL they choose its worth it to wait as well

No QB have enrolled so lets say we want to circle back and offer a QB who already "commited" more money we could very well go and do that.

Last edited:
IMG_0438.jpeg

SIAP

How good is Ward? Is he really worth all this?

We know Mario prefers him. But that doesn't mean much.. He's not a very good QB evaluator and he seems to be a little enamored by stars/rankings. He's also stubborn, a slow processor, and a bad decision maker when it comes to personnel.

The tea leaves say he's not THAT good (worth all the NIL money and the wait)

Seems like based on what Cribby said USC is just now getting interested. But initially all the smoke was with Howard. So he wasn't at the top of Riley's board. That's a red flag.

OSU seemed like a very natural landing spot but they never had any traction. They have a big need and a good system for QBs. That's a red flag.

Oregon went after Gabriel immediately and Ward was never really a possibility there.

Washington got Will Rogers.

Dawson visited Howard in Kansas and he visited us first. We were told Howard and Ward were both the top choice and we'd take whoever committed first. Then all of a sudden we're willing to wait for a month for Ward, even while Howard remains uncommitted?

How bad is Ward actually wanted by other programs? Seems like his demands (NIL $ AND waiting for him to make a decision) outweigh his value to other programs. We're the only ones willing to pay his price (money and time). Or is this just Mario going after the "splashy" transfer because he doesn't know any differently when it comes to QBs? Has methodical Mario completely taken over this process at this point?

This whole thing seems extremely strange and like it's going to end poorly. Meanwhile we're costing ourselves better QBs and chemistry with the team while Mario continues to sow doubt and lose confidence and equity with the fans and players.

The nail in the coffin for Mario will be if he DOWNGRADES at QB from TVD and TVD goes on to shine at Wisconsin. You can't do anything in college football if your top 3 reputations are:

QB killer
Poor gameday coach
Elite recruiter
Calm Down Al Pacino GIF

Advertisement
How good is Ward? Is he really worth all this?

We know Mario prefers him. But that doesn't mean much.. He's not a very good QB evaluator and he seems to be a little enamored by stars/rankings. He's also stubborn, a slow processor, and a bad decision maker when it comes to personnel.

The tea leaves say he's not THAT good (worth all the NIL money and the wait)

Seems like based on what Cribby said USC is just now getting interested. But initially all the smoke was with Howard. So he wasn't at the top of Riley's board. That's a red flag.

OSU seemed like a very natural landing spot but they never had any traction. They have a big need and a good system for QBs. That's a red flag.

Oregon went after Gabriel immediately and Ward was never really a possibility there.

Washington got Will Rogers.

Dawson visited Howard in Kansas and he visited us first. We were told Howard and Ward were both the top choice and we'd take whoever committed first. Then all of a sudden we're willing to wait for a month for Ward, even while Howard remains uncommitted?

How bad is Ward actually wanted by other programs? Seems like his demands (NIL $ AND waiting for him to make a decision) outweigh his value to other programs. We're the only ones willing to pay his price (money and time). Or is this just Mario going after the "splashy" transfer because he doesn't know any differently when it comes to QBs? Has methodical Mario completely taken over this process at this point?

This whole thing seems extremely strange and like it's going to end poorly. Meanwhile we're costing ourselves better QBs and chemistry with the team while Mario continues to sow doubt and lose confidence and equity with the fans and players.

The nail in the coffin for Mario will be if he DOWNGRADES at QB from TVD and TVD goes on to shine at Wisconsin. You can't do anything in college football if your top 3 reputations are:

QB killer
Poor gameday coach
Elite recruiter
Miami has told Howard he can commit and hasnt

We aren't winning a national title next year anyway so let's pick off one of the USC/Bama/UGA type 5* that need some development time and be ready to roll for 2025. Neither Emory nor JB11 are the future starter in 2025 for a national championship contending team so let's get our 2025 QB reps in 2024.

Advertisement
I'd love to know why multiple people said that we have a QB multiple times. Unless this guy was putting pen to paper and signing deals I don't understand how people thought that. It seems this was never really done.
Because most of those people don't really have any solid info and they either didn't vet the info or just guessed like the rest of us. This board fawns over one guy who is constantly making vague comments, or points out the obvious, and people run with it like it's some profound inside info.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The fact there is no communication for Ward letting Miami know to move on or that he’s on board - I find that appalling but even more appalling is our staff just standing idly by and letting things drag out. Especially with Alonzo, our NFL guru.

This may end up with Miami getting Ward but in 3 years of Mario, on thing is constant: nothing changes in terms of how things are being run.
How do you know it wasn’t communicated? Because I guarantee you the staff knew Ward was between Miami and the NFL

Advertisement
I'd love to know why multiple people said that we have a QB multiple times. Unless this guy was putting pen to paper and signing deals I don't understand how people thought that. It seems this was never really done.
Kid visited and was impressed with the opportunity, facilities, staff attention, recruiting class, potential for next year successes. It was an "A" visit. BUT they (his father) was still just looking into the NFL and it is appearing that that might be their direction.

How do you know it wasn’t communicated? Because I guarantee you the staff knew Ward was between Miami and the NFL
I don’t know if it wasn’t communicated to the staff by Ward that he is joining the team or not.

So, if it is communicated that he is coming then there is a lot of bad info out there.

If it was communicated by Ward to the staff he is not joining the team, depending on the timeline of that communication, then WTF is this staff doing by not moving on to option #2? Likely because option #2 moved on and we struck out on both options.

Regardless, I said when it happened, this staff is making a big mistake not going all in on Howard the moment Ward decided to take the FSU visit.

I am of the opinion that Ward only considered Miami because of the money and that he was hoping FSU got close on the money but they couldn’t.

You may know more than me and I may be way off on my assessment.

Advertisement
Back