Cam Ward to Portal

But if miami waits too long and misses on ward, Howard and KJ then what? Pray someone else decent enters the portal before spring?
See and that’s where I think ppl need to relax someone will come will it be a ward type player who knows but there will be someone . In my opinion we should’ve did what Oregon did went and got a 1 year and a highly rated transfer with multiple years of eligibility to help the competition after the one year rental

Advertisement
Advertisement
See and that’s where I think ppl need to relax someone will come will it be a ward type player who knows but there will be someone . In my opinion we should’ve did what Oregon did went and got a 1 year and a highly rated transfer with multiple years of eligibility to help the competition after the one year rental
That was money well spent and decisive by Oregon. Great plan. Mario is allergic to being decisive.

Waiting on someone in the spring is a massive failure. That wasn’t and shouldn’t be the plan but when you paralyze yourself by consistently putting yourself in low percentage hitting situations and you never learn from your mistakes, here we are.

Edit: Even if we land Ward, the process by how you got him or took is all wrong. It’s not the right way to make decisions at a program.

No but it looks like OSU got him
Damn It Wesley Snipes GIF by IMDb

Advertisement
So everyone agrees its Miami vs the NFL. So if Mario is dumb for waiting on Ward what does that make Norvell?
Norvell has DJU in the bag as option #2. Who is our option #3 since option 2 is also gone? KJ?

If Mario loses Cam and Howard he should be fired. I know it won't happen but dear God he's a ******* moron.

Every year this "alpha" (who doesn't discipline anyone ever by the way) gets on his knees trying to negotiate with either Cam this year or Jason Candle the previous 2 years and gets bent over. Howard was there for the taking but Mario's dumbass focuses on the shiny toy as if Howard sucks or something.

This wasn't the year to get greedy, if you can take Howard you ******* take him. Next year is make or break for Mario and i just don't see him getting it done. He really is just too dumb to succeed as a head coach.

Just a reminder that he has a worse record than the 3 previous coaches and he has 10x the resources. He's the definition of doing less with more.

Norvell has DJU in the bag as option #2. Who is our option #3 since option 2 is also gone? KJ?
Yea i know but I dont rate DJU at all and seems like neither do other teams other than FSU... point is they decided to wait as well bc Ward warrants that and theyre worse off then us since supposedly they never had a chance.

Whose to say if DJU was any good and had other options he wouldnt be mad at them not taking his commiutment like Howard is doing to us.

Advertisement
How good is Ward? Is he really worth all this?

We know Mario prefers him. But that doesn't mean much.. He's not a very good QB evaluator and he seems to be a little enamored by stars/rankings. He's also stubborn, a slow processor, and a bad decision maker when it comes to personnel.

The tea leaves say he's not THAT good (worth all the NIL money and the wait)

Seems like based on what Cribby said USC is just now getting interested. But initially all the smoke was with Howard. So he wasn't at the top of Riley's board. That's a red flag.

OSU seemed like a very natural landing spot but they never had any traction. They have a big need and a good system for QBs. That's a red flag.

Oregon went after Gabriel immediately and Ward was never really a possibility there.

Washington got Will Rogers.

Dawson visited Howard in Kansas and he visited us first. We were told Howard and Ward were both the top choice and we'd take whoever committed first. Then all of a sudden we're willing to wait for a month for Ward, even while Howard remains uncommitted?

How bad is Ward actually wanted by other programs? Seems like his demands (NIL $ AND waiting for him to make a decision) outweigh his value to other programs. We're the only ones willing to pay his price (money and time). Or is this just Mario going after the "splashy" transfer because he doesn't know any differently when it comes to QBs? Has methodical Mario completely taken over this process at this point?

This whole thing seems extremely strange and like it's going to end poorly. Meanwhile we're costing ourselves better QBs and chemistry with the team while Mario continues to sow doubt and lose confidence and equity with the fans and players.

The nail in the coffin for Mario will be if he DOWNGRADES at QB from TVD and TVD goes on to shine at Wisconsin. You can't do anything in college football if your top 3 reputations are:

QB killer
Poor gameday coach
Elite recruiter

If Mario loses Cam and Howard he should be fired. I know it won't happen but dear God he's a ******* moron.

Every year this "alpha" (who doesn't discipline anyone ever by the way) gets on his knees trying to negotiate with either Cam this year or Jason Candle the previous 2 years and gets bent over. Howard was there for the taking but Mario's dumbass focuses on the shiny toy as if Howard sucks or something.

This wasn't the year to get greedy, if you can take Howard you ******* take him. Next year is make or break for Mario and i just don't see him getting it done. He really is just too dumb to succeed as a head coach.

Just a reminder that he has a worse record than the 3 previous coaches and he has 10x the resources. He's the definition of doing less with more.
Dumb? No. Just extremely stubborn for his own good and can’t ever seem to get out of his own way.

The issue is that his stubbornness comes off as relentlessness with HS recruits

Yea i know but I dont rate DJU at all and seems like neither do other teams other than FSU... point is they decided to wait as well bc Ward warrants that and theyre worse off then us since supposedly they never had a chance.

Whose to say if DJU was any good and had other options he wouldnt be mad at them not taking his commiutment like Howard is doing to us.
Yeah, but when you win on the field and won 19 straight games or whatever it is, you have more leeway in terms of judgment vs the guy that is 12-13 in 2 years.

Advertisement
Yeah, but when you win on the field and won 19 straight games or whatever it is, you have more leeway in terms of judgment vs the guy that is 12-13 in 2 years.
I’d love to have a kid like DJU as my fallback. High floor guy that probably wins you 9 games.

The issue is that Mario’s caveman brain can’t process doing multiple things at once so we’re stuck going all in on a kid who was likely never coming

Advertisement
Back