Cam Ward to Portal

Advertisement
Thing is, none of these schools have to wait on him. Yet they are choosing to wait. If it seems like the Ward family is in control, it’s because these schools are currently fine with the waiting game.

I’m part of the camp that would have told Ward we’d not offer anyone else till x date but after that, we will start offering other players. Your offer isn’t pulled by any means but it’s gone if another player the staff deems a good fit decides they want in.

At this point, there's no reason not to wait. Ward already cost us Jeremiah Smith, there's nothing left to lose. I would just wait him out until the NFL deadline which is Jan 15.

Yeah, not sure how Mario convinces players to come here. He really is the best recruiter in the nation.. his coaching is so bad idk if the money is even worth it
It’s the one thing he does, but he better deliver on a QB quik, the vultures are coming for his neck

\
Me. And before you ******* scoff at that, I was the starting QB on the Palatka Eagles. Dual threat. My grandpa rode me [pause] to the pee wee league consolation bracket.
You Got This Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Advertisement
At this point, there's no reason not to wait. Ward already cost us Jeremiah Smith, there's nothing left to lose. I would just wait him out until the NFL deadline which is Jan 15.
I don’t understand this. We need a QB. Solid chance we lose the opportunity to bring one in by waiting that long.

Somebody will play QB for Miami next season, I promise you that.
Not sure what you’re getting at. We can definitely play 2024 with what we have. It won’t be pretty, but that’s always an option.

If you’re alluding to Miami just tampering some time in January if/when we miss Ward…I could see that.

Advertisement
Not sure what you’re getting at. We can definitely play 2024 with what we have. It won’t be pretty, but that’s always an option.

If you’re alluding to Miami just tampering some time in January if/when we miss Ward…I could see that.

I'm just saying 2 weeks is not that long to wait, and if Ward is the best available then I would roll the dice and wait. If it doesn't work out, then circle back on other options or tamper and get someone else's QB.

I'm just saying 2 weeks is not that long to wait, and if Ward is the best available then I would roll the dice and wait. If it doesn't work out, then circle back on other options or tamper and get someone else's QB.
I’m good with tampering. I’d be shocked if any decent QB that is currently in the portal is still there on 1/15.

I’m good with tampering. I’d be shocked if any decent QB that is currently in the portal is still there on 1/15.

Sucks but that's where we are. In the future, Mario might want to consider recruiting high school QB's who are more than just backups (Brown, Emory, Judd, etc).

But it is what it is. For right now, we need a bonafide starter out of the portal and this is the drama that goes along with that choice.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sucks but that's where we are. In the future, Mario might want to consider recruiting high school QB's who are more than just backups (Brown, Emory, Judd, etc).

But it is what it is. For right now, we need a bonafide starter out of the portal and this is the drama that goes along with that choice.
Hasn’t been able too though he has a good one committed for 2025

If we don't get Ward then there is no point in playing the 2024 season.

Emory and Jacurri and whatever freshman are all interchangeable. They all have to play in this scheme which is a run-first bastardization of Dawson's actual scheme.

If we don't get Ward then there is no point in playing the 2024 season.

Emory and Jacurri and whatever freshman are all interchangeable. They all have to play in this scheme which is a run-first bastardization of Dawson's actual scheme.
There are other QBs we can get that are upgrades over TVD. The market for the top QBs is at a standstill commitment wise.

Advertisement
Back