Cam Ward to Portal

I actually don’t get Rashada dad vibes at all. Ward actually has something legit to offer and I see a parental unit, although inexperienced, trying to help his son make the best decision for his future while maximizing his NIL. The Rashada’s were just pigs. And pigs get slaughtered.
Same. His dad is just making sure these colleges don't take advantage of him and if they want his services, it needs to be a good fit and the money needs to be right for his final year. Dad rightly recognizes Cam has all the leverage. Miami needs him more than Cam needs Miami. This is the harsh truth. Mario needs a qb and needs to prove his worth next season. He needs a difference maker at qb.

Advertisement
Same. His dad is just making sure these colleges don't take advantage of him and if they want his services, it needs to be a good fit and the money needs to be right for his final year. Dad rightly recognizes Cam has all the leverage. Miami needs him more than Cam needs Miami. This is the harsh truth. Mario needs a qb and needs to prove his worth next season. He needs a difference maker at qb.
That's because the coaches went all in on just 2 guys instead of casting a wide net. And then it seems like they gave a timeline that came and went without a commitment and they made it clear to Cam that they're willing to wait for him even if it costs them other QBs. That's when they gave Cam all the leverage.

That's because the coaches went all in on just 2 guys instead of casting a wide net. And then it seems like they gave a timeline that came and went without a commitment and they made it clear to Cam that they're willing to wait for him even if it costs them other QBs. That's when they gave Cam all the leverage.

Look accross the country, is any school really going after more than 2-3 QBs at a time? Not really sure it is logistical to do so.

unless you the elf on the shelf listening in, neither you nor most of us have any idea the options discussed/explored

Advertisement
View attachment 272545

Jennifer Lawrence Oops GIF
Safe to say that guy came onto the scene Post-08; won’t survive the next bubble with that kind of logic, valuation and appraisal skill

Cam had all the leverage from the jump. Miami has one QB, whose arm is shattered. A super project coming in. Him and his camp knew Miami had to A. over pay and B. do it on his terms. We can say Howard and Ward are A1&A2 but that seems to just be conjecture at this point. We aren’t in any kind of place to dictate to any transfer at the QB position our demands.

Casting a wide net really wouldn’t have done anything. Miami clearly needs a major talent upgrade at that position. Ward knows that and he’s using it to his advantage, honestly can’t fault the kid. Mario made his bed here with years of mismanaging that position.

Advertisement
Yep. If I am speaking objectively and not as a miami mark (which I am), it comes across as desperate. This is why I'm not mad at Cam or his dad. They know they got Miami by the b*lls and they are desperate. Coming off of 7-5, coach is being questioned by some of the fanbase, no real proven NFL QB that has been developed by Dawson. Wouldn't you wait it out to see if someone can match the offer to drive up your value? He knows Miami has no other major choice.

Advertisement
His dad is (understandably) trying to leverage more from Miami or another school, but he knows we aren’t going to wait much longer either so the waiting till after Christmas stuff is as likely as him declaring for the draft.

I don’t know who “you guys” is and it has nothing to do with hate. As I previously posted, there was nothing ELITE about FSUs team or their season. It’s not even debatable.
Let's see, you were so annoyed that I disagreed with this post that you went back through posting history to Dec 5 to pick out 3 random posts of mine to downvote within a 1-minute span? Apologies if it hurt you that dearly, but I just.... you know, disagreed.

Advertisement
Let's see, you were so annoyed that I disagreed with this post that you went back through posting history to Dec 5 to pick out 3 random posts of mine to downvote within a 1-minute span? Apologies if it hurt you that dearly, but I just.... you know, disagreed.
No, I’m not hurt. You’re just wrong, and I wanted to make sure you knew your place. Now you do!

ETA: And if you have something you disagree with, feel free to state your opinion so I can correct you.

Last edited:
Comes across as immature. I can understand it if it’s an elite player like arch manning, but I’ve never even heard of cam ward
You’ve only heard of Arch Manning because Archie knocked up some woman 40-50 years ago.

Advertisement
Back