Cam Ward to Portal

Advertisement
Here's how he performed against good teams this year:

Utah - 14/25 204 yards, 1 TD 1 INT
Arizona - 16/30 218 yards, 2 TD
Washington - 15/31 164 yards, 0 TD 2 INT
Oregon - 19/35 220 yards, 1 TD 1 INT

Basically 200 YPG 4 TD 4 INT. Never eclipsed the 300 yard mark the entire season. Only broke 250+ three times.

Norvell has a lot of work to do. He's been on multiple teams and performed the same way.

This. DJ is not a good QB. Interestingly, assuming we get Ward, FSU and OSU will duke it out for DJU. Impressive physically, but limited passer. Norvell might take a flyer on him given he does well as an offensive playcaller.

Back to Ward, one big thing to watch with him is sacks and fumbles. He's been sacked 84 times in 2 years at WSU and in that same period has 26 turnovers. Those are pretty crazy stats. Definitely something to watch for but if you watch his higlights, he's not a tuck and run guy - he's more of a "buy as much time as I can for my guys to get open" kind of guy, which would explain his sacks/fumbles.

Slam Dunk Wow GIF by NBA
Let's roll

This. DJ is not a good QB. Interestingly, assuming we get Ward, FSU and OSU will duke it out for DJU. Impressive physically, but limited passer. Norvell might take a flyer on him given he does well as an offensive playcaller.

Back to Ward, one big thing to watch with him is sacks and fumbles. He's been sacked 84 times in 2 years at WSU and in that same period has 26 turnovers. Those are pretty crazy stats. Definitely something to watch for but if you watch his higlights, he's not a tuck and run guy - he's more of a "buy as much time as I can for my guys to get open" kind of guy, which would explain his sacks/fumbles.
I obviously hope he sucks if he goes to FSU, but the portal has taught us a bunch of times already that we don’t know if these dudes are bad or in a bad system fit. Time will tell.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He wasn't good at Clempson. He wasn't good at OSU. He could be inheriting his worst OL of his career so I don't expect anything different
DJ is too robotic.
Pressure him out of his transformer rhythm and you have a very average QB.

Advertisement
I’m pessimistic by nature admittedly but I see us having the season FSU had with a few differences of course
with the defense reutrning to form and the OL still being good, we could easily run **** the way FSU did and likely get left out again due to being in the ACC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back