Cam McCormick will be back for a NINTH year

Since UMs roster isn’t updated ever online does anyone have the list of guys who we will be asking to leave in the spring? Is it drop 7 to get even and 3-5 more to get more players here?

Advertisement
20240118_144258.gif

Just a dead giveaway with what we’re trying to do offensively when he’s in the game.

Although if none of the other TEs can pass him up in the Spring/Fall, I guess that’ll tell you what level they’re at.
Not if Mario prioritizes blockers. Biggest hope is that Cam Ward demands a better pass catching tight end on the field to execute the offense

Advertisement
Just a dead giveaway with what we’re trying to do offensively when he’s in the game.

Although if none of the other TEs can pass him up in the Spring/Fall, I guess that’ll tell you what level they’re at.
Yeah I’ve got no issue with Cam. He’s got a skill set and he had some solid games for us. Most of our TEs have been dog**** at blocking for years

But it’s just too telegraphed when he comes in the game. Then again I feel like TVD missed him wide open a few times as well

Either way I think your point is spot on but I think it can be “fixed” a bit also

Advertisement
everything mario does is counterproductive to winning a natty other than recruiting (which is mostly due to the NIL money we have)

Advertisement
everything mario does is counterproductive to winning a natty other than recruiting (which is mostly due to the NIL money we have)
So elite talent acquisition is counterproductive to winning? Is this literally what I'm reading here? Who the **** cares why choose to come to Miami? They can get bags elsewhere too.

Advertisement
I will just add we are also a little thin at TE so getting rid of him wouldnt do much.

Skinner went to Louisville so we have:

Riley Williams: Blocked below average IMO and dropped too many balls, hope that was just a product of nerves and not being comfortable playing just yet as TF, def not writing him off but he did not blow the doors off either.
Carver: Lots of people were pumped about his athletic upside coming in but I have not really heard **** about him since he came on campus
Arroyo: Stud but injury bug keeps getting him
Lofton: TF undersized Hback, likely needs some time.

So even if we told Cam to bounce, we likely need to replace him with a new TE and idk if there is currently one out there that would make a difference. I think the hope is Arroyo is healthy and Williams passes him up and he provides solid depth as a 3rd stringer and good locker room guy who knows the system and can be the blocking TE on short yardage in 2 TE sets. I also wonder if he was nicked up later in the season? He blocked very well in the beginning of the year, then fell of a cliff. Yes could be tape came out and teams knew he was not a receiving threat but by the end of the year he was **** near unplayable.

There would only be one circumstance I can imagine where we'd need Cam's scholarship for another TE, and that might be moot anyhow.

Personally if McCormick is in you 1) know it’s a run, 2) know it’s a tunnel screen or 3) you know he’s not releasing… I’d rather just say **** it and put a 6th OL in forreal. Let Samson just play 30 snaps at TE imo
He was open plenty of times on check downs TVD just didn’t see him. I don’t think he’s athletic enough to get behind LBs but he’s a viable check down for 5-6 yards to keep offense on schedule.

Advertisement
Back