Cam McCormick will be back for a NINTH year

Lot of people hear hating on cam. That’s fine and I understand fan perspective. But most here, including myself, would do dark things to be able to go to college for free for 9 years.
3F072772-2532-42F7-95A2-A9CA9A347E67.jpeg

Advertisement
Lot of people hear hating on cam. That’s fine and I understand fan perspective. But most here, including myself, would do dark things to be able to go to college for free for 9 years. View attachment 279716
I don't blame Cam at all. I'm 45 and I'd go back to college right friggin now if someone was going to pay for it.

Advertisement
If any of y’all saw my breakdown of Dawson’s offenses in the past with TE usage you’d understand this move. His TEs average about 15 catches per year. Since the plan is not to use them, might as well keep the one who knows the playbook & doesn’t take up multiple years of eligibility. Let Williams, Arroyo, Carver get limited reps in obvious pass situations & sign two in the 25’ class.

Advertisement
I don't blame Cam at all. I'm 45 and I'd go back to college right friggin now if someone was going to pay for it.
I got the post 9-11 GI Bill that will pay me almost 2K a month to go to school and I don't want to... But I will eventually

Advertisement
(Removing my orange and green glasses)

I think it's horsesh*t that he gets a 9th year and takes a scholarship away from someone who deserves an opportunity at a degree, while Cam takes bs classes to play football at 46

At some point, everyone steps away from the game and enters the real world. For some of us that could be high school. For a special group, that's college. And for an tiny group of exceptional athletes, that's the pros.

Is there anything he plans to accomplish, on the field, that he couldn't in years 1-8?

I swear this has nothing to do with the fact that we all know well see 84 on the field before Arroyo and Riley Williams. I swear..

If any of y’all saw my breakdown of Dawson’s offenses in the past with TE usage you’d understand this move. His TEs average about 15 catches per year. Since the plan is not to use them, might as well keep the one who knows the playbook & doesn’t take up multiple years of eligibility. Let Williams, Arroyo, Carver get limited reps in obvious pass situations & sign two in the 25’ class.
What is there to understand about this move?

Advertisement
What is there to understand about this move?
Personally nothing on my end, but I understand their thought process. If he’s their best blocking TE (can we question that he is?) & the OC doesn’t use TEs in the passing game then it seems like an easy choice for them.

Personally if McCormick is in you 1) know it’s a run, 2) know it’s a tunnel screen or 3) you know he’s not releasing… I’d rather just say **** it and put a 6th OL in forreal. Let Samson just play 30 snaps at TE imo

What classes could this kid possibly be taking? He’s going to be a 5th year advertising graduate student lol. He’s 25 hanging out with 18-20 year olds. A lot of the kids on the team were in middle school when he was a freshman in college

Advertisement
Back