Cam McCormick will be back for a NINTH year

Advertisement
F*ckkkkkkk

If the Miami coaches want him back, there’s no way anything is changing with on offense next year.

He has no place on a team that is actually trying to score points.

He belongs at Iowa or Army or something. If the coaches actively want him, it’s because they are trying to do what Iowa does.

If he was at Army, he'd be a 3 star general by now.

363319E9-4BCE-4801-9329-7A2459F431C1.jpeg

Short on roster spots and we bring him back? Welp.
I will just add we are also a little thin at TE so getting rid of him wouldnt do much.

Skinner went to Louisville so we have:

Riley Williams: Blocked below average IMO and dropped too many balls, hope that was just a product of nerves and not being comfortable playing just yet as TF, def not writing him off but he did not blow the doors off either.
Carver: Lots of people were pumped about his athletic upside coming in but I have not really heard **** about him since he came on campus
Arroyo: Stud but injury bug keeps getting him
Lofton: TF undersized Hback, likely needs some time.

So even if we told Cam to bounce, we likely need to replace him with a new TE and idk if there is currently one out there that would make a difference. I think the hope is Arroyo is healthy and Williams passes him up and he provides solid depth as a 3rd stringer and good locker room guy who knows the system and can be the blocking TE on short yardage in 2 TE sets. I also wonder if he was nicked up later in the season? He blocked very well in the beginning of the year, then fell of a cliff. Yes could be tape came out and teams knew he was not a receiving threat but by the end of the year he was **** near unplayable.

Advertisement
He’s pretty underwhelming but I guess the TE room needed him from a number perspective…

Advertisement
He’s pretty underwhelming but I guess the TE room needed him from a number perspective…

Just stop using them.

It’s not required.

The WR room is filled with dudes who either:

1. Grade our really high by every service
2. Have pretty elite recruiting rankings

That’s your talent surplus.

You only need Cam if the goal is to keep condensing formations and trying to impose your will out of that. Then you have to have him.

Advertisement
🙄

Attachments

• 68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f...gif
    68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f...gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Advertisement
If he's good for the culture, works hard, and sets a good example, who cares? The coaches should play the talented guys over experience. We will see.
It's a wasted spot on the roster IMO. He's closer to 30 than 20 and can't contribute on the field other than pretend to block.

Am I alone in actually liking the idea of having Cam back? He wasn't brought in here to be an offensive weapon that can stretch the field and create mismatches. He was brought in to bring his blocking capabilities while still being a mild threat as a pass catcher.

Injuries and lack of development in the TE room increased his playing time. Had Elijah stayed healthy and/or Skinner took that next step as TE then I imagine we see significantly less of Cam and most people here would actually be looking at this differently.

Now, if I can trade Cam for proven transfer with receiver production I obviously would. But if we're not going to invest transfer resources into the TE spot then I see no issue bringing Cam back as a blocking TE that only gets like 10% of the snaps with a healthy Elijah and developing Riley eating up the rest.
Yes

Advertisement
Back