Advertisement
Advertisement
Cam McCormick's 2024 season pic:

1705606077368.png

Cam.

bro.

dont go away mad.

just go away

listen to the Crue before it’s too late and you start sounding like youre doing an infomercial for AARP

The worst part is that besides the first couple of games, he was garbage at blocking too :pgdead:

If you need an extra blocker just bring in one your surplus of OL in. I bet they have better hands then him too
Yeah, thats the thing that made no sense to me. He was actually an excellent blocker early in the season, to the point that the announcers on tv even called out his blocks on some plays as being key. Then as the season progressed he started missing on a lot of blocks. Don't know what happened.

Advertisement
You know that Neanderthal Cristobal loves this, he can now play with 6 OL with McCormick being the 6th disguised as a TE. I can't believe I am going to see this dude spread out like a WR again this year with absolutely no threat of getting open or catching the ball.

I don't mind that he's coming back. If I was him I would too. My issue will be if he plays significantly. Line him up on every special team unit and move forward. Arroyo and Williams need to be the top 2 with Lofton being the swiss army knife. If he gets in the way of progressing youth it should be a felony on Mario's coaching record. If he plays a lot it won't be Dawson making that decision, it will be Mario.

It's a wasted spot on the roster IMO. He's closer to 30 than 20 and can't contribute on the field other than pretend to block.
He blocked exceptionally well the first half of the year. At some point either his body or confidence got injured (my opinion).

Advertisement
I don't mind that he's coming back. If I was him I would too. My issue will be if he plays significantly. Line him up on every special team unit and move forward. Arroyo and Williams need to be the top 2 with Lofton being the swiss army knife. If he gets in the way of progressing youth it should be a felony on Mario's coaching record. If he plays a lot it won't be Dawson making that decision, it will be Mario.
He’s goin to play the same amount he played this year. And continue to be a waste of space

Fingers crossed they use him correctly as a third string / depth TE who can contribute in the run game 5 plays a game.

He played (blocked) pretty well to start the year but it was clear he got worn down quickly from them leaning on him so much in the run game. Obiovisly we know the book on him in the passing game.

Advertisement
Arroyo: Stud but injury bug keeps getting him

I think we have to assume Arroyo is another Robert Burns situation. Just assume he's not going to contribute because he's always hurt. When it comes down to brass tacks, we don't have a quality TE. That sucks but it's not the end of the world unless Dawson/Cristobal insist on playing McCormick.

I'll paraphrase Mike Leach for the 100th time- he said he never used a TE because they were too much of a compromise. They were usually either halfway decent blockers or halfway decent WRs. He said elite TEs create mismatches, and he would have fielded a TE if he found one that could block better than a 6th OL or catch better than a WR. Unfortunately, elite TEs are extremely rare. We don't have one. We do, however, have good OL depth and promising WR talent. Just pick one or the other.

Advertisement
Back