Cam McCormick will be back for a NINTH year

Animal House Drinking GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can anyone update us on this guys future with the team? I really dont see his necessity as hes an average blocker at best.

Its time to switch some things up. What say you?

@TheOriginalCane i know you know something, ****, when do you not? Should change your name to NovelCane 🤣🤣🤣

I'm not sure why you guys are letting yourself get riled up by a 4-month-old article from "The Bro Bible".

It's my understanding that Cam has a good likelihood of getting another waiver. And if the medical evidence supports it, that's fine with me.

As always, I trust the assessment of the coaches long before that of most CIS posters. If Shannon and Mario think that Cam is worth a spot, that's the opinion that matters.

We are considering the possibility of taking another TE in the Portal. But it has to be someone quite talented. We are not taking a guy just to fill a roster spot.

Let's chat again in May. Until then, there's not a **** thing we can say or do about this. We've got 8 days until the registration deadline, who do you think is walking through that door?

1705435874291.png

You shouldn’t be able to play more than 5 seasons. Regardless of injuries and redshirts. Thank god the 2020 class all are seniors, so the Covid excuse is about to be done

You can't play more than 5 seasons.

Did your sources tell you that guys could play more than 5 seasons?

I'm not sure why you guys are letting yourself get riled up by a 4-month-old article from "The Bro Bible".

It's my understanding that Cam has a good likelihood of getting another waiver. And if the medical evidence supports it, that's fine with me.

As always, I trust the assessment of the coaches long before that of most CIS posters. If Shannon and Mario think that Cam is worth a spot, that's the opinion that matters.

We are considering the possibility of taking another TE in the Portal. But it has to be someone quite talented. We are not taking a guy just to fill a roster spot.

Let's chat again in May. Until then, there's not a **** thing we can say or do about this. We've got 8 days until the registration deadline, who do you think is walking through that door?

View attachment 279345

No one is even reading bro bible. I used a screenshot from Googles natural selection as a visual. Thats it. Mainly because i haven't heard a peep on his approval or denial.

At the end of the day, of course they have the only opinion that matters as they are the ones running the show. Yet, neither have coached up an all american TE to date from my recollection and air raid coaches rarely have TE focused offenses so i dont trust either coach on that front.

I respect your POV though and i humbly thank you for giving me the information i was looking for. Good look. 🫡💯

Advertisement
No one is even reading bro bible. I used a screenshot from Googles natural selection as a visual. Thats it. Mainly because i haven't heard a peep on his approval or denial.

At the end of the day, of course they have the only opinion that matters as they are the ones running the show. Yet, neither have coached up an all american TE to date from my recollection and air raid coaches rarely have TE focused offenses so i dont trust either coach on that front.

I respect your POV though and i humbly thank you for giving me the information i was looking for. Good look. 🫡💯

It's all good. I think that @L A M P was the one who agreed with The Bro Bible article, I was kinda responding to both of you (and, no, I still have not figured out how to multi-quote).

I'll just say this. The middle of the field has been wide open. I don't care if you send a WR in there, a RB, or a 40-year-old TE. Just hit some crossing patterns. It's not rocket science.

If a great TE enters the Portal in May, I will figure out how to run over Cam McCormick with my car in order to free up a roster spot (I kid, I kid, as that would probably give him ANOTHER year of eligibility).

Until May, we are just about done with the roster that we have. Hopefully a couple of Portal decisions will be made soon, otherwise the 24th will be here before we know it.

Maybe the ACC does us a solid for ****** over Miami on those safeties.

Advertisement
It's all good. I think that @L A M P was the one who agreed with The Bro Bible article, I was kinda responding to both of you (and, no, I still have not figured out how to multi-quote).

I'll just say this. The middle of the field has been wide open. I don't care if you send a WR in there, , or a 40-year-old TE. Just hit some crossing patterns. It's not rocket science.

If a great TE enters the Portal in May, I will figure out how to run over Cam McCormick with my car in order to free up a roster spot (I kid, I kid, as that would probably give him ANOTHER year of eligibility).

Until May, we are just about done with the roster that we have. Hopefully a couple of Portal decisions will be made soon, otherwise the 24th will be here before we know it.

Yes, the middle of the field has been open forever in college and the NFL but coaches are reluctant to use it because of the low margin of error and high probability of turnovers.

QBs have to have consistently GREAT accuracy throwing over the middle. Meaning the trajectory always has to hit center mass and well within the receiving options catch radius.

Its a talent not many QBs possess so coaches would rather avoid it on anything less than 15 yards of route depth.

Im not too much worried about using a TE or replacing Cam. An offense doesnt NEED a TE, and if you do use one, and all he does is block your making the offense that much easier to defend.

We have the talent to go strictly 10 personnel and only use tight ends in packages in the redzone. Id much rather us do that than continue to trot this dude out there making the offense predictable as all ****.

Am I alone in actually liking the idea of having Cam back? He wasn't brought in here to be an offensive weapon that can stretch the field and create mismatches. He was brought in to bring his blocking capabilities while still being a mild threat as a pass catcher.

Injuries and lack of development in the TE room increased his playing time. Had Elijah stayed healthy and/or Skinner took that next step as TE then I imagine we see significantly less of Cam and most people here would actually be looking at this differently.

Now, if I can trade Cam for proven transfer with receiver production I obviously would. But if we're not going to invest transfer resources into the TE spot then I see no issue bringing Cam back as a blocking TE that only gets like 10% of the snaps with a healthy Elijah and developing Riley eating up the rest.

Advertisement
I actually agree with the article screenshot. 9th year is ridiculous. His kids are going to drive to the game to watch him play.

I have no opinion about the kid coming back or staying another year—and prefer Miami with an athletic tight end who actually runs routes and catches passes (instead of being relegated to all-time blocker)—but if you look at the resume, the ask for another year isn't crazy:

2016: Redshirted at Oregon.

2017: Played all 13 games as freshman, started two games for Oregon.

2018: Season-ending injury in opening game against Bowling Green at Oregon.

2019: Missed entire season at Oregon due to injury.

2020: Missed pandemic-shortened season due to injury.

2021: Season-ending injury in second game of year; Oregon at #3 Ohio State.

2022: Played all 13 games, started six games for Oregon.

2023: Played all 13 games at Miami; 8 receptions for 62 yards.

In an era where kids who were playing college football in 2020 effectively get five seasons—not including a redshirt year—the kid played three seasons of football (2017, 2022, 2023), while missing two full seasons due to injury (2019, 2020) and only participated in three games over two seasons where he sustained season-ending injuries (2018, 2021).

All the "applying for a ninth year" stuff makes for great headlines, but the kid's trajectory and injuries should legit have him a r-senior going into 2024—and even a r-junior if you add in the 2020 pandemic season that didn't count towards any players' eligibility.

This is only acceptable if they take him off scholarship and make him pay his own way.

This makes the most sense. Someone fax this to the U and let Cam know he better start using some of his NIL to pay his way or he in the first spirit flight back to McCormickville

Last edited:
"AVERAGE blocker at best"
Schitts Creek No GIF by CBC
Film doesnt lie.

Boy be getting ran by and blown tf up. Mainly because the defense has a head start cause they know whats coming. They wouldnt know whats coming if his inability to catch the ball and actually make someone miss wasn't so atrocious.

What do you think DCs can do to an offense with a TE reserved for blocking? **** is taking candy from a babe.

Advertisement
Back