Cam McCormick will be back for a NINTH year

Advertisement
With the extra Covid year, graduate years, redshirts and injury’s, college athletes can play for more than 5 seasons. The player on this thread literally played 8 lol
holy **** you are insanely wrong. He has been in school 8 . PLAYED 3. It's math try it sometime.

holy **** you are insanely wrong. He has been in school 8 . PLAYED 3. It's math try it sometime.
20240116_185817.gif

With the extra Covid year, graduate years, redshirts and injury’s, college athletes can play for more than 5 seasons. The player on this thread literally played 8 lol
The operative word is "play." A student athlete could technichly "play" in 8 seasons, but certainly not 8 full or even half seasons. An athlete doesn't actually have to so see the field. He just needs to be on the team without medical injuries preventing him from playing. With the Covid rule and redshirt rule an athlete could play a full season and a 4-game redshirt year. If a player were to have injuries such as Cam where little to no games were played, medical waivers could be granted and were in his case.

If he's actually only suited up 3 full seasons, and had medical issues other than the Covid and redshirt years, then a waiver could be granted. It looks strange, but it's really not much different than a BYU player going on a mission for several years. He's much older, but hasn't played the full compliment of 4 years of athletics. I just hope he's taken advantage of his educational opportunities. He should have multiple degrees by now. If not, then that's a bigger problem than him playing football as he'd be just wasting his time.

What year did McCormick graduate high school? How many seasons has he been on the Oregon Ducks roster? How many has he been on Miamis? Case closed. My point was despite injuries and redshirts, you should not be on the roster for more than 5 seasons. It’s getting ridiculous.

Once again, you have moved the goalposts.

You were wrong when you said he has played for 8 years. That was a lie. Why can you NEVER be honest?

Cam McCormick has played football for 3 years, per the NCAA. That is a fact.

Advertisement
Eligibility aside, we've all seen how TE's have been used this past season. I'm all for an athletic freak who blocks as well as he receives rhe ball. Receiving though has been secondary and it isn't even close. Whether you think he's a good blocker or not, who is on the roster that's as good as him at it, proven, not just who you think maybe is? That's why Mario and company would keep him around. For what they've done, he's their best fit. None of that is me defending anyone, but just looking at the position and seeing what they've done.

Well, at least we know where all the fraudulent "Lou Cristobal is taking up a valuable scholarhip" geniuses went...

Now Cam McCormick is to blame for all of Miami's shortcomings.

Next week, the Mope Squad will start blaming the long-snapper.

Hes been playing collegiate football for 8 seasons… How is this so hard for you lol. My point was that you should only be playing collegiate athletics for 5 seasons, regardless of injuries. It was clear as day what I said 😂😂

Hes been playing collegiate football for 8 seasons… How is this so hard for you lol. My point was that you should only be playing collegiate athletics for 5 seasons, regardless of injuries. It was clear as day what I said 😂😂

Just shut up. Every time you open your mouth, you are wrong. Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

You aren't good at this. You're not smart. You shouldn't be posting. You don't know anything. You lie, then you lie about your lies.

Go post on the Miami Hurricanes Facebook page. You will be the smartest idiot over there.

Advertisement
Just shut up. Every time you open your mouth, you are wrong. Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

You aren't good at this. You're not smart. You shouldn't be posting. You don't know anything. You lie, then you lie about your lies.

Go post on the Miami Hurricanes Facebook page. You will be the smartest idiot over there.
What was I wrong about lol. I just gave my opinion haha

I'm not sure why you guys are letting yourself get riled up by a 4-month-old article from "The Bro Bible".

It's my understanding that Cam has a good likelihood of getting another waiver. And if the medical evidence supports it, that's fine with me.

As always, I trust the assessment of the coaches long before that of most CIS posters. If Shannon and Mario think that Cam is worth a spot, that's the opinion that matters.

We are considering the possibility of taking another TE in the Portal. But it has to be someone quite talented. We are not taking a guy just to fill a roster spot.

Let's chat again in May. Until then, there's not a **** thing we can say or do about this. We've got 8 days until the registration deadline, who do you think is walking through that door?

View attachment 279345
He’s gonna be the first person that can go straight from playing college ball to being constitutionally eligible to run for presidenTE

If you had basic comprehension skills, you would realize that I said that I don’t think you should be allowed to be on a collegiate sports team for more than 5 seasons, regardless on injuries. McCormick has participated in 8. Most other sports don’t even give athletes their 5th years, regardless of injuries

Advertisement
If you had basic comprehension skills, you would realize that I said that I don’t think you should be allowed to be on a collegiate sports team for more than 5 seasons, regardless on injuries. McCormick has participated in 8. Most other sports don’t even give athletes their 5th years, regardless of injuries

Every single NCAA Division I and Division II sport allows for redshirting. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Every athlete in the NCAA is eligible for 5 years to play 4. It's an NCAA rule, not a "football" rule.

Please stop lying.

This site should strip you of your screen name for missing so many tackles by making the wrong read.

merit aside of him staying or not you’re just ******* wrong.

again.

Advertisement
Every single NCAA Division I and Division II sport allows for redshirting. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Every athlete in the NCAA is eligible for 5 years to play 4. It's an NCAA rule, not a "football" rule.

Please stop lying.
My best friend played a division 1 sport and got denied from his 5th season, despite missing an entire season with an injury. So try again

This site should strip you of your screen name for missing so many tackles by making the wrong read.

merit aside of him staying or not you’re just ******* wrong.

again.
An opinion is wrong? Lol okay bro

My best friend played a division 1 sport and got denied from his 5th season, despite missing an entire season with an injury. So try again

You are not smart. You just aren't.

So the NCAA rules don't mean anything "because your best friend"?

Look, I'm sorry your best friend was so stupid that he didn't bother to hire an attorney or seek any counsel. It is incredibly easy to get a medical redshirt, it is the single-most common way to get another year of eligibility.

I don't know the specifics of your moronic friend's case, but he ****ed up. And you are basing your entire comprehension of the rules of the NCAA on his ****-up.

An opinion is wrong? Lol okay bro

Nobody cares about your opinions. You are simply being asked NOT to lie and misstate factual matters and rules.

Can you tell us about any other NCAA rules based solely on the individual experiences of one of your friends?

Advertisement
Back