Cam Harris (He's healthy... OP just thinks he sucks)

Advertisement
I don't love Cam the way I love big, jiggly asses...but Edge, Gore, Portis, Lamar, Duke etc. aren't looking like world beaters behind this OL in this scheme.

Cam isn't remotely on the level of any of those guys, but if he were running behind say, the 2014 OL we'd have a higher opinion of him.

He has his faults as a back but the line he's being asked to run behind is doing him absolutely no favors.

Advertisement
I don't love Cam the way I love big, jiggly asses...but Edge, Gore, Portis, Lamar, Duke etc. aren't looking like world beaters behind this OL in this scheme.

Cam isn't remotely on the level of any of those guys, but if he were running behind say, the 2014 OL we'd have a higher opinion of him.

He has his faults as a back but the line he's being asked to run behind is doing him absolutely no favors.

While I agree this OL sucks, Cam misses a lot of holes, and when he does have room to run, he’s not getting those extra yards after contact.

Can we bring back all the banned “Mopes” who called out chit like this? @RVACane @JD08
Not sure what we’re talking about as to “calling out chit like this” but those bans didn’t happen because people were simply mopes. Incessant thread ruiners who killed the board got whacked and most of them are staying that way.

36877F53-D689-428A-B2E7-83F9A993D185.gif

Advertisement
While I agree this OL sucks, Cam misses a lot of holes, and when he does have room to run, he’s not getting those extra yards after contact.
Agree with all of that. I fee like cam needs billboards to tell him where to go once he gets the ball and as much as he can shrug, he goes down rather easily for a back his size.

I'm just feel if we had a line that could open those big running lanes and make it easier for Cam to get to the 2nd level, he'd probably flash a bit more. First five yards from LOS he's been cheeks more or less, no argument here. It was clear against App St Don was able to make something out of nothing and get those extra yards.

Thing is, any remotely good running back on occasion creates plays with his legs even when they are not there. Cam isn't making any plays at all.

Sadly nobody is. Even on a bad team there is usually one guy who can make a big play all by his lonesome. Like Chantz Williams. Guy is a little lost sometimes but based on talent alone he makes a few big plays. We have no skill position vets that can make a big play in a big game. I think our roster is worse than we thought.

Anybody can run behind a great OL.... Cams problem imo is his ability find daylight, break "one" tackle or make "one" guy miss...he is what we use to call a big paper back with limited agility...

Advertisement
Here's my word for word assessment of him back in 2018 just from watching his High School clips. Any of this sound familiar?

My take in watching the highlights, where I think Cam struggles:

Cutting/agility/lateral movement - He looks like he's very tight, with little wiggle. He cuts look very rounded vs. quick change of direction cuts. He's mostly a straight line runner with little change of direction. Homer is this way too, but Homer looks to have much more agility than Davis IMO. If the hole is there Davis can hit it and make a big play, but I could say the same for Homer/Dallas/Lingard. Davis doesn't have any advantage there.

Power - I don't see him initiating contact on any of his runs. He can make people bounce off once he has a head of steam, but I'm not seeing him meeting anyone in the hole, bouncing off and running through them. Another poster mentioned people that played against him thought he was soft. I don' know about soft, but it looks like a valid concern to me. He looks like a power back who doesn't run powerfully (a common complaint against Gus Edwards).

Those are the red flags I see in his highlights.

Advertisement
Seeks contact and then goes down easily. Get him off my tv screen. Once Knighton comes back make him RB1 or I quit.

Think he just looks for the homerun every **** run now. Poor coaching.

That said, I think the player diss threads should be limited - due to the obviousness of how bad development has been, for the most part, the past few years.
Idk. Running back is the one of the few position we’ve continued to have success getting to the NFL. Both Homer and DJ can say they’ve played multiple years in the league. Unless a light bulb goes off for Cam in a major way test of year his best bet will be shipping up to Canada.

And before I hear the issues of OL and offense playcalling just remember Homer and especially DJ played here with horrible QB play, horrible OL and some god awful play calling.

There is a reason why when Don gets in the game everyone notices it just looks better.

Advertisement
Back