Cam Harris (He's healthy... OP just thinks he sucks)

Advertisement
Seeks contact and then goes down easily. Get him off my tv screen. Once Knighton comes back make him RB1 or I quit.

Problem is - Knighton hasn't been better than Cam (yet). From what I've seen (so far) - Knighton runs with a confusing lack of elusiveness. I don't get the why he runs on straight lines as much as he does. Knighton runs more physical. but at 190 lbs, that's not going to do much good, ya know?

I also think Cam is getting too much heat right now. He's the same dude he's always been. He'll still have some big games.

Cam got worst every single year here. This is coaching. He used to be the goods. Not anymore.
I remember his coming out at VT with 2 Td, kid looked fast and elusive as ****. Then the FL game where he got some big boy yards lowering the shoulder.

This is 100% spot on. Friggen insane the regression these players have. It's like they're beaten down inside and have no fire anymore.

Cam got worst every single year here. This is coaching. He used to be the goods. Not anymore.
I understand wanting to kill the coaches right now (rightfully so). But this is not a coaching issue.

Not all players show progression each year. In fact, it's rare for a player to just get better every year for 4 years. Some do. Some regress, some stay the same. Most have up and down years.

Cam's stayed the same. He hasn't progressed, but he hasn't regressed either. He's the same RB he's been since HS - people just chose to not acknowledge his red flags (which they're doing now). Coaches can't just turn a tightly built/stiff athlete into an agile elusive athlete. Cam has limitations on what he can do that coaching can't fix.

Last edited:
I understand wanted to kill the coaches right now (rightfully so). But this is not a coaching issue.

Not all players show progression each year. In fact, it's rare for a player to just get better every year for 4 years. Some do. Some regress, some stay the same. Most have up and down years.

Cam's stayed the same. He hasn't progressed, but he hasn't regressed either. He's the same RB he's been since HS - people just chose to not acknowledge his red flags (which they're doing now). Coaches can't just turn a tightly built/stiff athlete into an agile elusive athlete. Cam has limitations on what he can do that coaching can't fix.
Cam was more productive at RB, and possibly faster than he is now. Cam bulking up didn't do him any favors and he's trying to always hit a homerun every time he runs, instead of focusing on getting 4-5 yards instead.

Advertisement
Cam was more productive at RB, and possibly faster than he is now. Cam bulking up didn't do him any favors and he's trying to always hit a homerun every time he runs, instead of focusing on getting 4-5 yards instead.
IMO - that's just who he's always been.

He averaged 5.9 ypc his Freshman year, but on only 28 carries. One game into his Soph season - he was averaging 5.3 ypc after his first 34 carries, and that's about where he's been ever since. People were just judging off of too small a sample size, and the excitement of his early success vs GT & VT caused people to overrate him a bit. He was 5.1 ypc his Soph year. He was 5.1 ypc his Junior year.

He's averaging 4.2 ypc now, but I'm sure he'll end up around 5.1 ypc again by the end of the year. I think you can over-bulk up - but I don't think that's what's going on here. I'd say - we just haven't played any weak run defenses yet, and that's when Cam will break his big runs. His long runs have always come against bad run defenses going back to his Freshman year. I'm sure he'll break a couple big ones this week against CCSU.

Advertisement
Back