Calvin Ridley Rivals

Video interview

-Recently visited UM,Bama, fl state

-On UM like the atmosphere when he comes it feels like home

-On fl state its nice, just won a championship, shows a lot of love

-On the difference in fl state and UM in recruiting him- no difference just distance tells him the same things

-On Bama very nice, amazing win streak very famous coach

-visiting UM then bama, after might visit Clemson Tennessee & others

-Says him and SBB are a package deal, wants to play more years with best friend

-Top 4 no order Bama, UM, Clemson, Tennessee

-On Clemson he has some friends that are up there

-On Tennessee he has to go visit the campus

-doesn't know what offence he wants to play in he can play in any

-Miami was the offer was the most exciting

4/15 Update

Coconut Creek (FL) Monarch High School WR Calvin Ridley and teammate and best friend Shawn Burgess-Becker are pretty much inseparable. They've already said they will both attend the same college. But while Burgess-Becker attended UM's spring game on Saturday night, Ridley was unable to.

-Says "I was busy,"

-Says it's not a reflection of how he feels about the Canes, and he also says despite Burgess-Becker saying that Alabama leads that's not necessarily the case for him.

-Says "I've never said that," "I don't have any leaders, no nothing."

-he'll hammer out a top five at some point but "I don't know when."

-Says "I'm just trying to stay out of the way, am just really chilling right now," he said. "I'm just going along with the flow right now."

-Says Canes remain very much on his radar and that he communicates with UM coaches "every day - they ask how I'm doing."

-primary Cane recruiter is Brennan Carroll.

-Says "He says how bad they want me, things like that," Ridley said.

- lists 21 scholarship offers and says of UM that "It's a very good school, a private school. And I know the history of it. It's my favorite school."

-owns plenty of Miami hats and shirts, but he's also stocked up on merchandise from other schools as well to keep everyone guessing.

-Says "I wear every school as much as I can," "I own stuff from Miami, Florida State, Florida, Alabama, Clemson - it's a bunch of them."

Last edited:
Advertisement
right now fl state has one of the best safeties in the nation commited. and brought in 2 five star receivers last class. not saying it cant happen but these two fish might be too big to catch for the

right now fl state has one of the best safeties in the nation commited. and brought in 2 five star receivers last class. not saying it cant happen but these two fish might be too big to catch for the

Possibly. I guess I'm thinking FSU has so much momentum right now that I would expect most top prospects that visit them to include them in their top group. I'm sure FSU will be relentless in their pursuit though.

Advertisement

I think we get ours this year and truly build for the future we are about 2 classes out from competing
If they don't score huge in this class the will feel the heat and not miami heat

Advertisement
We just need to win some big games (10), be explosive on offense, stingy on defense and get 50K plus fans for 5 home games. This would be huge in getting those kids to the U. The Administration needs to get on board and get the new stadium (55K capacity) plans finalized. A Stadium, the new facilities/academic center and new practice fields with Indoor field. This would be impressive to recruits, especially if the stadium location overlooks the Bay! Imagine kids watching Canes kick butt on TV and they show the shots onto the beach and bay? come on son!

Advertisement
Advertisement
You guys torture yourselves with these guys. He flat out said he wants to keep everyone guessing(which was obvious to anyone with a brain)

If that's what you're into, by all means hang on every word he says.

"I was busy."

Why don't you just give us the middle finger while you're at it?

I think you are reading too much into that comment. it may just be "its personal, and i dont want to tell your nosy ***"

Maybe. There's probably a better way to answer the question than with a dismissive, "I was busy." But you actually read the interview and I didn't, so I'll go with you on this one.

Advertisement
Back