Calvin Huertelou knows where he will sign

Crystal Ball

Actual fking Legend
Signing day for junior college early enrollees was Wednesday but Scottsdale (Ariz.) defensive tackle Calvin Heurtelou didn’t ink anywhere.
Calvin Heurtelou

There were rumors flying around that Heurtelou (6-3, 304) had signed with Miami. He said they aren’t true and he explained how they got started.

“My head coach thought I signed with Miami that day but he didn’t actually know,” Heurtelou said. “I wasn’t there in Arizona, I’m back home in New York.”

Heurtelou talked about why he didn’t choose anybody on signing day. It wasn’t a last minute thing either, he knew it would play out this way.

“I decided to wait a little bit so I could spend more time thinking everything over,” Heurtelou said. “I wanted to get my family’s input on where they feel like I fit in the best. I also wanted to sign at home and I’m planning to do it on Tuesday.”

Heurtelou has already settled on who he’ll be picking and he informed those around him, but not the college coaches, of his choice.

“I told them my decision because I had to know how they would react,” Heurtelou said. “They’re in agreement with what I’m doing and they believe I’m making a good choice.”

Miami, Missouri, Rutgers, and Tennessee are Heurtelou’s remaining options. He didn’t want to give anything away beyond why it’s come down to that group.

“They all need defensive lineman and I know I could come in to make an immediate impact,” Heurtelou said. “My cousin told me the other day about an article that said I’m not a game changer. That made me laugh because of what I did this season against some of the best junior college competition in the country. I’m probably as good as, if not better than, the top defensive tackles anywhere. I’m not big on stats but it’s how I feel and it’s extra fuel on my fire.”

Heurtelou officially visited all of his four finalists and although he will only choose one, he could easily imagine himself at each place.

“There are some schools ahead right now but I can’t really say who until later,” Heurtelou said. “Every visit has new facilities, great staffs, and a reputation for great defensive line coaches. All of that sticks out but it also makes my decision tougher because I know I could succeed at any of these schools.”

Heurtelou carries a grade of 89 from 247Sports, ranking him as the 53rd overall junior college prospect in the nation. He finished his 2013 season with 59 tackles, 14 for loss, 4 sacks, and 2 fumble recoveries.

Advertisement
And FWIW he's talking about Dieter's article smh... Got to love SFL reporters ***** up recruits with us lol.

If you get this kid, things are pretty interesting at the DT position.

Spring Ball DT

Wyche, Heurtelou, Pierre, Moore and King plus Hamilton and Kamalu can rotate in as well.

Added Pierre, my bad.

Last edited:
Advertisement
And FWIW he's talking about Dieter's article smh... Got to love SFL reporters ***** up recruits with us lol.

736.gif

Spring Ball DT

Wyche, Heurtelou, Moore and King plus Hamilton and Kamalu can rotate in as well.

You forget Pierre, Jenkins, Valentine and Moten?

Advertisement

Spring Ball DT

Wyche, Heurtelou, Moore and King plus Hamilton and Kamalu can rotate in as well.

Olsen Pierre is a starter at dt if you forgot.

Hamilton and Kamalu for the most part are DE'S....

Who ever comes in at DT ...has a chance to send Corey King or whomever packing.....or to the bench all year.

Advertisement

Spring Ball DT

Olsen Pierre is a starter at dt if you forgot.

Hamilton and Kamalu for the most part are DE'S....

Who ever comes in at DT ...has a chance to send Corey King or whomever packing.....or to the bench all year.

I left out Pierre, I added him.

I think Hamilton and Kamalu are both going to get reps at DT this spring. King pretty much plays the bench, so that doesn't say much.

So is he still deciding today ?

“I decided to wait a little bit so I could spend more time thinking everything over,” Heurtelou said. “I wanted to get my family’s input on where they feel like I fit in the best. I also wanted to sign at home and I’m planning to do it on Tuesday.

Advertisement
Well, I think he would be a welcome addition to our DT class. I will take EVERY **** DT recruit we can get until someone pans out! Lord knows we need help there for next year.... I mean we were pathetic there this yr and that was with Porter and Robinson as Srs. I do leave out hope for King and Moore, however I would have thought they would have at least pushed for time this past year if they were getting any better. Hopefully, they just keep hitting the weights and improve for next yr. I think the DL will be the key to our improvement if we are to make any next year. I think the O will be solid, and we have some serious playmakers on the back end, its just LB and DL now.....

We all hope he will be a Cane and this is what we are staying tuned for. This would be a good get, let's also get the other dt from Nassau Community McDowells. Action for tomorrow at noon.

Advertisement
Back