Calvin Heurtelou update

D

deleted3746

No longer considering Miami.

http://miami.247sports.com/Board/92/Calvin-Heurtelou-20273096

Advertisement
I am thinking UM offered his spot to 2013 DE Ernst Suttle ( Neb. transfer), which I think offers a better upside for long term production.

Go Canes

Advertisement
DT board is small as **** right now.

Who are we down to, Moten and DJ Williams?

Advertisement
Ugh.

We need two more DTs. I hope we don't end up scraping the bottom of the barrel for them.

All I can do is laugh at this point.

We're gonna end up with another Darius Smith.

Advertisement
All I can do is laugh at this point.

We're gonna end up with another Darius Smith.

This porst is full of *****assness.

Prior to Darius Smith, Corey King, Jalen Grimble, and Junior Alexis being on the roster, the DT depth chart consisted of:

Marcus Forston = played 3 games then missed the rest of the 2011 season

Adewale Ojomo = DE forced to play inside

Micanor Regis = played all games except for his 1 game nut punch suspension

Curtis Porter = played in last 2 games of the 2011 season

Luther Robinson = missed the 2011 season due to an injury

You clown on Darius Smith but he played in all 12 games that season and started over half of them. The depth chart forced Golden to get all of the kids mentioned above.

Current DT commits:

Travonte Valentine 6-4 297, juco Dalvon Stuckey 6-3 300, Courtel Jenkins 6-2 294.

DTs with offers still on the board:

Anthony Moten 6-4 280, DJ Williams 6-4 275, Arthur Williams 6-4 305, juco Taylor Timmons 6-0 285, juco Claudeson Pelon 6-4 280, juco Edmond Boateng 6-4 275.

It's August, this staff has offered almost 30 DTs this cycle so I'm not sure what you're laughing at.

Who gives a **** if Smith started over ****** players when he was a ****** player himself? That's no accomplishment.

And you name all those players we're still after and I can name more players that may or may not be rated higher than them that have chosen not to attend Miami in 2013 for whatever reason. A bunch of plan Bs and Cs left on the board.

Who gives a **** if Smith started over ****ty players when he was a ****ty player himself? That's no accomplishment.

And you name all those players we're still after and I can name more players that may or may not be rated higher than them that have chosen not to attend Miami in 2013 for whatever reason. A bunch of plan Bs and Cs left on the board.

Its the start of August and 2 4-star DTs isn't enough right now? The other DT is a kid who is apparently working his *** off and is a prototypical NT. I can only SMH at this dopey logic. Name all the kids that told us no. They told a crapload of other programs no too. They can't attend 100+ schools other than Miami. Whats your DT board look like by the way? Since you know who is a plan A and a plan B for the coaches. Did you know that Stuckey was even being recruited before he committed? Was he a plan A or B on the coaches' board?

Advertisement
If you notice I said may or may not be rated higher because I don't know for sure who was at the top of the coaches' board. What I do know is a bunch of early offers who were being talked about very commonly on these boards are now committed to other schools. I can only assume if we knew their names this early in the process they were players identified early by the coaching staff and are quite possible "plan As."

Stumbled across this, thought it was interesting. Think what you will.

Everything this weekend was good. I had a good time and enjoyed Rocky top, the fans were good. I enjoyed myself," Heurtelou said. "I didn't know how the environment would be and I was just shocked to see how it is during the game," Heurtelou said. "The fans, the tradition they have here stood out to me a lot."

"We talked about their need for the position I played. That's what we mainly talked about and what I could do if I come in and how I could help the team," Heurtelou explained. "I could see that knowing they are losing three people at my position. I hear where they are coming from."

Heurtelou has backed off a final two of Tennessee and Missouri and said Miami is back in the mix, after being out of it since a summer official visit, and added Rutgers, which is very close to his home state of New York, will receive an official visit as well the weekend of Dec. 14, just days before the junior college signing period begins.

"I'm unsure right now. Every thing is still up in the air right now," Heurtelou said. "I'm just going to let time play its part and see what happens over the next couple of weeks and reevaluate things and go from there."

Got this from Volnation, who I think got it from Volquest. Don't remember procedures for posting this sort of stuff though.

Interesting considering today. Why stay an extra year if he was supposedly fully qualified?

Advertisement
Back