Calvin Ashley

Advertisement
Advertisement
My understanding is he has to sit out?

Right, but then he'd a return a RS Junior 5* OT. He'd fit perfectly into our depth chart. Scaife and Ashley would be the only Junior OT's. It also buys Elgammal and Nelson more time to develop. Looking at our depth chart i'd almost guarantee that we'll be looking to add 1-2 portal lineman the next two cycles as well. We've still a got ways to go to build seniority into the position.

Sounds like he has a lot of question marks.. medical, position, etc. I would do some due diligence but only want him if he can play LT or RT.

Updated more coaches

Last edited:
Advertisement
Why not kick the tires and see where it goes. No harm, no foul and like others have said could be great for our depth on the OL, extending out the frosh and allowing them to develop.

Advertisement
So watched the Auburn vs Miss St highlights and there’s talent here. He’s definitely not a tackle in pass protection and struggled vs. speed (yes, I know it was Montrez Sweat) but some of their best runs on that line went right behind him on the right side. I think he’s plug and play at LG.

Advertisement
He provides depth only at T because he isn't very good there. He would compete for PT at G.

Auburn fans are saying he is soft and possibly left school for mental health reasons.

I spent 5 days in Auburn. I questioned my mental health after those 5 days. I never went back. I have had success since that visit.
He was hurt off and on and actually left because of a medical issue.

Advertisement
Back