Calvin Ashley in the Portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm not saying it as an excuse because idk anything about their coach but what if Auburn people think the oline coach is trash and moved him out of position like Searles did Donaldson? Maybe he isn't good, maybe he needs a good coach I can't say but what I can say is a 6'6 330 something pound former 5* lineman is good enough to take a shot at

We should not be giddy with stars, and become star whores.......these players have to be evaluated for need, talent, and whether they fit into the U way of doing things.
Miami will not grab, -nor should we-, every 4 and 5 star in the portal.
Manny will make **** sure that everyone has to play a part in TNM, and we should not be resurrecting fix it, and rehabbed players to the team because of dubious ratings, and failed missions on their first choice schools.
We should NOT become Reject U.

He's a 5* because he's got talent, size, and athleticism, and we most definitely have the need. If the kid's willing to work, he's absolutely a take.

Advertisement
Is he even enrolled in classes? I thought he left to address mental health issues

My Auburn buddy said this. He's always spot on with me in regards to all things in college football...

Advertisement
Advertisement
We are in no position to turn away 5* OL. **** I'll take a highly productive 3* we need help badly!

U guys are so mesmorized with these stars it ain't even funny...this 5-star clearly couldn't cut it at Auburn and bcs he's a FORMER 5-star recruit we can't afford to turn him away 🤔...I'm not saying we shouldn't see what's up with him but not bcs he was a FORMER 5-star recruit 🙄

Is he any good?

Some of you guys see a player in the portal and immediately just want him, independent of whether he is actually good/has a viable reason to take his talents to the portal.
It’s a position of need - so sometimes you gotta roll the dice on guys who were former 5 stars.

Gerald Willis did **** at Florida, but became a stud here.

Advertisement
Back