Calvin Ashley in the Portal

He's a 5* because he's got talent, size, and athleticism, and we most definitely have the need. If the kid's willing to work, he's absolutely a take.
Just because he has those traits, doesn't mean he'll pan out. If he's lazy, you may as well move on to a kid who wants to work his *** off.

Advertisement
None of us knows the work ethic of the kid, and Gus maybe like Richt was regarding upperclassmen playing ahead of talented, younger players. If he’s seriously looking around then it’s incumbent on Manny and the staff to do their due diligence on the kid who obviously has talent if he was a former 5* athlete. With our OL in a flux and knowing what we do have talent wise, why not look at the kid as a possibility, especially when we’re short OL as it is to date. I can’t see the harm in reviewing what he has to offer, and seeing if he could/would be a fit at Miami.

Advertisement
kick the tires, beat the bushes, .... and alll those other pet phrases
most important things are if he can play and he's not a head case.
apparently only started one game [when other guy was injured] in his time at Auburn, even though he was a 5 star recruit

Easy now. Gerald Willis was a head case and that turned out OK for us.

Advertisement
So by reading these posts from today, the answer is no one has any information or updates on him, Geez, it's like pulling teeth around here

Same story as jaelen Phillips? Former 5 star automatically take👍😬
After seeing Phillips HS highlights.....he's a take. Needs time to heal and recover.

I'm NOT a big fan of one year transfers. I think some need at least 2 or more to get back to or up to our level of play. Why I have some concerns about Tommy Kennedy.

I would like to get him in our S&C for at least two years.

Hope he proves me wrong.

Advertisement
Back