Calling Waco tonight

I’m not talking about Dave Aranda either. Mack Rhoades has been great as the AD at Baylor. Took over after the Art Briles mess. Hired Matt Rhule and when he left to the NFL, he picked up Aranda. In basketball… National Champs. He’s a proven commodity who has navigated troubled waters and righted the ship for that athletic department. Oh, he also hired Tom Herman when he was at Houston. Just putting that out there.

I love this "putting it out there" stuff.

Mack Rhoades was just named the SBJ's 2021 Athletic Director of the Year and we have some fans here acting like they just discovered some diamond in the rough.

Y'all realize Baylor is a better job than Miami, don't you? There's a reason they have Dave Aranda as head coach and Miami has Manure Diaz.

Rhoades can have a dozen better jobs than Miami when he chooses to leave Baylor. Stop it. They are POURING money into their athletics department over the past decade.

Advertisement

Mack Rhoades was just named the SBJ's 2021 Athletic Director of the Year and we have some fans here acting like they just discovered some diamond in the rough.

Y'all realize Baylor is a better job than Miami, don't you? There's a reason they have Dave Aranda as head coach and Miami has Manure Diaz.

Rhoades can have a dozen better jobs than Miami when he chooses to leave Baylor. Stop it. They are POURING money into their athletics department over the past decade.
Look, I hear you, but if Miami is suddenly so flushed with cash that can we drop what's needed to bring in Mario + staff then there's feasibly a way we can lure in a guy like Rhoades.

And if I had to choose between Rhoades and big time HC I choose Rhoades.

I’m not talking about Dave Aranda either. Mack Rhoades has been great as the AD at Baylor. Took over after the Art Briles mess. Hired Matt Rhule and when he left to the NFL, he picked up Aranda. In basketball… National Champs. He’s a proven commodity who has navigated troubled waters and righted the ship for that athletic department. Oh, he also hired Tom Herman when he was at Houston. Just putting that out there.
Good lock trying to outbid a premier Texas school my guy.

Christian man, Baptist college. Opposite of Miami guy. Just raised 1.1 Billion dollars. New bball arena being built. Just won NC. 10 of 11 sports finished ranked. Won like 18 Big 12 titles. Makes double what we could pay him. Student athlete GPA was 3.7, highest graduation rate in Big12 (97%). Vice President at BU.

Basically can do what he wants, when he wants, no politics, no asking. Just.. I want a new workout facility. Yes sir. We will get started building that tomorrow.

Why in the heck, would he give that up for Miami?

But I thought fundraising was only a BJ attribute?

Advertisement

So we can’t discuss names on a message board? Got it.

Advertisement
Back