Calling Waco tonight

Derrick Griffin

Eligibility remaining.
I’m not talking about Dave Aranda either. Mack Rhoades has been great as the AD at Baylor. Took over after the Art Briles mess. Hired Matt Rhule and when he left to the NFL, he picked up Aranda. In basketball… National Champs. He’s a proven commodity who has navigated troubled waters and righted the ship for that athletic department. Oh, he also hired Tom Herman when he was at Houston. Just putting that out there.

Advertisement
I’m not talking about Dave Aranda either. Mack Rhoades has been great as the AD at Baylor. Took over after the Art Briles mess. Hired Matt Rhule and when he left to the NFL, he picked up Aranda. In basketball… National Champs. He’s a proven commodity who has navigated troubled waters and righted the ship for that athletic department. Oh, he also hired Tom Herman when he was at Houston. Just putting that out there.
Assuming he would take a lateral and you can out how to buy him out at Baylor.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Big Mack

By your time I’d say you think this is impossible. Why?
Christian man, Baptist college. Opposite of Miami guy. Just raised 1.1 Billion dollars. New bball arena being built. Just won NC. 10 of 11 sports finished ranked. Won like 18 Big 12 titles. Makes double what we could pay him. Student athlete GPA was 3.7, highest graduation rate in Big12 (97%). Vice President at BU.

Basically can do what he wants, when he wants, no politics, no asking. Just.. I want a new workout facility. Yes sir. We will get started building that tomorrow.

Why in the heck, would he give that up for Miami?

Advertisement
I have liked that guy for a long time. Even at Houston.

The best thing I like about him is not his track record, which is excellent, is that it would signify that we hired someone who was competent, passionate and had autonomy.

He is not coming here to be a puppet or hire some illogical and unqualified director of football ops to “run football”.

That guy has proven he can make great hires in football and basketball.

Women's Basketball has been solid there too...

Does Miami want to get whipped up into shape? Because a hire like that would mean a lot of heads will roll inside the Hecht and walking vaginas like Rudy Fernandez would be barred from ever setting foot inside the building.

Advertisement
Christian man, Baptist college. Opposite of Miami guy. Just raised 1.1 Billion dollars. New bball arena being built. Just won NC. 10 of 11 sports finished ranked. Won like 18 Big 12 titles. Makes double what we could pay him. Student athlete GPA was 3.7, highest graduation rate in Big12 (97%). Vice President at BU.

Basically can do what he wants, when he wants, no politics, no asking. Just.. I want a new workout facility. Yes sir. We will get started building that tomorrow.

Why in the heck, would he give that up for Miami?
Great points. You are informed on things I was not.

Can we call Texas Southern and see if you are still interested in playing Tight End here as well?

I can't see that ever happening. It would be a lateral move for him, new football stadium, big 3 sports are all doing great, Texas money...

Advertisement
Back