2024 Ca'lil Valentine 4* RB from AZ

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
4* 24 RB Ca'lil Valentine (AZ) is visting this weekend. Watch out for this recruitment. @DMoney says he's a priority to the staff

-Two names at RB that Miami likes more than most Ca’lil Valentine (Phoenix metro) and Kewan Lacy (Dallas metro).

Advertisement
He’s big time! Saw him play multiple times last fall. He looks bigger than 175 in person. He reminds me of mark Walton. Rally good one cut running back with great hands. He carried Chandler’s offense especially when Raiola struggled in big games.

Yeah, he can scoot. He’s got a lil Cway in him in the open field.

274205EC-7DC0-464A-9779-E69F75C5F6B4.gif

Advertisement
He’s big time! Saw him play multiple times last fall. He looks bigger than 175 in person. He reminds me of mark Walton. Rally good one cut running back with great hands. He carried Chandler’s offense especially when Raiola struggled in big games.
Raiola overrated???

Advertisement

“It was really important. They’re a big factor. I like [Tim Harris Jr.] and [Mario] Cristobal and what they’re doing with the program so it was really important for me to get down here,” Valentine told InsideTheU on his way out. “I learned a lot. I learned the new stuff coming to this program. I learned that its a lot of things going on, like practice. I love the intensity. I just like how everything is going on here.”

Harris, a Miami alum, came from UCF and is now back in his hometown coaching tailbacks. He and Valentine have been in close contact. “The relationship is getting closer and closer. Coach Harris is a real good guy, real down to earth. He’s real true and I love his coaching style,” Valentine said.

Don Chaney Jr. had a good day out there with the running backs and Valentine said he enjoyed watching that group get after it on Greentree on Saturday morning. “I was able to watch the backs be aggressive. They were pressing the line of scrimmage and just playing college football,” Valentine said.

Now that he’s seen it for himself, the Hurricanes are standing out in this recruitment. “I feel good. I love Miami. I feel good,” Valentine said. “They’re doing a good job recruiting me, definitely.”

Valentine didn’t give specifics when it came time to dish on some other programs involved but there are some others, like Oregon, Arizona, and Arizona State, are believed to have some momentum. Valentine is taking a day-by-day approach to his recruitment, but hopes to have his destination locked in ahead of his senior year. But there aren’t any official visits locked in at the moment.

“I want to do unofficial’s first and see from there.”

As a junior, Valentine rushed for 1347 yards and 18 touchdowns while averaging 8.6 yards per touch. He can also get it done out of the backfield, collecting 395 yards with four more scores to the tune of 18 yards per catch. That’s all while playing in the same offense as the No. 1 overall player in the Class of 2024, five-star quarterback Dylan Raiola.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This kid has a narrow frame. I don’t know house much more weight he can add.

CWH is a kid that has wide shoulders. He can carry more weight on his frame than this guy.

I don’t think there’s room for this guy given that CWH is there and that transfer from Nebraska are the same guy.

There's definitely some top end speed there.

Oh for sure, kid has plenty of giddy up. I just think there’s a noticeable difference between him and CWH. If we took him as our other back I’d be happy with it. I just prefer a different type to compliment CWH with, that’s all.

I wonder what this means for Bowens if this guy conmits here @Cribby u think we take 3 here? Maybe, If Parrish and Chaney have a good season they likely gone. I would encourage Chaney to go if he stays healthy this year. Parrish as well, RBs just dont have the Shelf life. Then we are uncertain on Citizens so we would essentially be Allen, CJ, Fletcher and CWH.

Advertisement
Back