Cali LB John Houston visiting on the 15th...

Advertisement
Advertisement
ROFLMAO yall funny.... shoot Kayaa could be in his ear too... i remember last year he was trying to get a couple of the serra boys to come visit.... i wish adoree Jackson would've came :(

Advertisement
I heard it went well with the cali guys! We have a good shot. Told me i can keep my hopes up

I heard it went well with the cali guys! We have a good shot. Told me i can keep my hopes up

x839K.gif

Biggest thing that stood out was the atmosphere, saw potential

Still has AzSt, USC and OKLA lined up as visits but UM will be there in the end

The opportunity to play early seems big, looks at our depth chart next year as a good thing for him

Jethro is main recruiter, told him to keep his options open and give UM a chance

Talked to B.Milo and the Messiah about their views on the school and traveling cross-country,

Says the damning "There are reasons Miami is the best school for them but at the same time, I’m after what’s best for me." line

Majoring in criminal justice

Advertisement
My thinking is he is probably going to want to go to school with his friend so it will probably be us or USC in the end which will be tough to compete with.

The opportunity to play early seems big, looks at our depth chart next year as a good thing for him

Jethro is main recruiter, told him to keep his options open and give UM a chance

Talked to B.Milo and the Messiah about their views on the school and traveling cross-country,

Says the damning "There are reasons Miami is the best school for them but at the same time, I’m after what’s best for me." line

He was never coming here. The bolded comments are only confirmation.

Houston's dead on about the depth chart being appealing to LBs, which makes the awful recruiting at that position for 2015 aside from Perry all the more alarming .

He was never coming here. The bolded comments are only confirmation.

Houston's dead on about the depth chart being appealing to LBs, which makes the awful recruiting at that position for 2015 aside from Perry all the more alarming .
We do need more guys, We have 6 i think next year. Kirby, Grace, Owens, Young, Mike Smith and McCray. We need atleast 3 more players there.

Advertisement
From rivals

Gardena (CA) Junipero Serra High School 5-star LB John Houston wrapped up his Hurricane official visit today.

"It was an amazing trip," he said. "They showed me different things about the Miami Hurricanes, the U and the tradition and how good the coaching staff is."

He says attending the UM-FSU game was a highlight.

"That was an excellent experience," Houston said. "It was a good environment, everyone was hyped, it was loud. It was sold out, I liked it a lot."

Houston spent a lot of time with head coach Al Golden as well as line coach Jethro Franklin during the visit.

"Coach Golden, he said he wanted us (Houston's teammate Rasheem Green also visited) to be at Miami, said that I'd have the option to start early and have a big role in their program," Houston said. "Coach Franklin, he's a down-to-earth guy. He told me everything I needed to know, talked about the alumni, everything."

So where do the Canes fit into Houston's recruiting picture now?

"They're going to be pretty strong," he said. "I don't have anyone on top, am going on my visits. They'll be in there, though, I know that."

He's already visited Oregon and will take his final three visits to Arizona State, USC and Oklahoma.

"I'm announcing on signing day, that's the plan," Houston said.

Asked if distance is a factor, Houston said, "Not really, I'm not worried about distance, I'm worried about what school fits me and will make me a better man and athlete."

He says he and Green may attend the same school together "but we're not talking about that - we're looking for the school that fits each of us best as athletes."

Houston added that Green "also had a good time, enjoyed the visit just like I did."

Houston's host was Ufomba Kamalu.

"The players, all of them were great," Houston said. "They were real communicative, told me everything about the program. I was hanging out with Brad Kaaya, talking about how he made his decision to go to Miami and is loving it there."

Advertisement
Back