2023 Cali ATH Collins Acheampong

Advertisement
Advertisement
Gaby:

I couldn’t make a call honestly. Everything I heard today was that he was genuinely torn. Someone described him as “the wind” earlier today in the way he was coming and going. I believe at one point or another he told both Michigan and Miami he was coming. He needs to make a real decision, so don’t blame him for taking some more time. Think that’s for the best.

Gaby:

I couldn’t make a call honestly. Everything I heard today was that he was genuinely torn. Someone described him as “the wind” earlier today in the way he was coming and going. I believe at one point or another he told both Michigan and Miami he was coming. He needs to make a real decision, so don’t blame him for taking some more time. Think that’s for the best.

This is the reason why I believe Wiltfong didn't change his prediction. Some of us were talking about it in this thread earlier, usually when a kid is this openly (supposedly) committing to a certain school in 12 hours, someone gets wind of it and the CBs start rolling in. But everyone on our side was confident, yet nobody budged on the predictions. That tells me the kid is seriously waffling and nobody really knows what he's going to do. Pushing back his decision confirms that, IMO. I don't think he's fully made up his mind yet.

Advertisement
Gaby:

Nothing wrong with the kid taking more time. It's July. My guess is he went into the Miami visit all set to commit to Michigan and we gave him something hard to think about. Even to the point where he wanted to commit to us. Probably just wants to wait a few more weeks and see if still feels this strong about Miami. Or he's giving Michigan an opportunity to counter.

Nothing wrong with the kid taking more time. It's July. My guess is he went into the Miami visit all set to commit to Michigan and we gave him something hard to think about. Even to the point where he wanted to commit to us. Probably just wants to wait a few more weeks and see if still feels this strong about Miami. Or he's giving Michigan an opportunity to counter.
Yup agree

My guess with all of this is that Michigan put it in his ear that they need more time to recruit him and allow the Miami visit to wear off even further before making a decision

Advertisement
How could this be good?
It’s possible he was going to Michigan & we gave him something to think about.

Pushing back his commitment doesn’t automatically mean we lost’em...

It’s simply a matter of whether he was committing to us tomorrow or not.

If he was then it’s bad, but if he wasn’t then it’s actually good...

We’ll find out sooner rather than later.

It’s possible he was going to Michigan & we gave him something to think about.

Pushing back his commitment doesn’t automatically mean we lost’em...

It’s simply a matter of whether he was committing to us tomorrow or not.

If he was then it’s bad, but if he wasn’t then it’s actually good...

We’ll find out sooner rather than later.
I swear sometimes recruiting is like reading horoscopes

The kids making a life changing decision. Seems like he’s probably got a solid support system around him. I agree he’s probably going to make sure he’s locked in somewhere.

Advertisement
Terrence Ross Wow GIF

Maybe he just wanted more time to discuss khaki hues with Harbaugh and the applicability of khaki strategy in the National Football League, where Harbaugh will be headed at first opportunity. I don’t think Collins grew up around khaki culture, so he has a lot to learn. He’s really giving up a huge opportunity by deciding to play for the good guys and not learning the khaki way from Harbaugh. Can’t knock the kid for mulling over this opportunity.

Maybe we’re strategically spacing out commits to keep momentum going, plus the kid gets a little more shine.

(Since we’re just guessing that’s my contribution lol…not impossible, right?)

He's has his commitment date set for a good bit. Mario isn't calling him at 10:00 at night the evening before he's set to commit and telling him to hold off just to space out momentum. We'll have plenty of momentum when Francis the Mantis commits on Monday, regardless of what Collins does.

Advertisement
Back