Caleb f-ing Williams to the portal??

With all due respect, the way that recruitment was conducted was a hint as to what was coming. He may have all the talent in the world but for me, what comes with it would make me think twice...

There's some wild stuff being said and reported on OU sites and from what I gather, the local radio. I don't know how anyone thinks he could go back to OU if they don't get the deal they are looking for.

Curious why he and the family aren't giving Venables and Lebby a shot. It can't be about development; has to be about the other $tuff they want from OU. Seems like the Ewers deals may have stirred the pot here...
Everything you said is fair but I think that has less to do with him and more to do with his father. And always has. Sort of like Jerry McGuire when kush’s dad signed with sugar and Kush was sad for Jerry but he just wanted to play ball he didn’t care about the business of it all

Advertisement
With all due respect, the way that recruitment was conducted was a hint as to what was coming. He may have all the talent in the world but for me, what comes with it would make me think twice...

There's some wild stuff being said and reported on OU sites and from what I gather, the local radio. I don't know how anyone thinks he could go back to OU if they don't get the deal they are looking for.

Curious why he and the family aren't giving Venables and Lebby a shot. It can't be about development; has to be about the other $tuff they want from OU. Seems like the Ewers deals may have stirred the pot here...
And thus the gist of my initial comment. All of the above made me think there’s much more to his entering the portal than playing football.

We have a a top 3-5 returning qb in the country , we don’t want or need him.

Yeah, I've never understood this insanity.

Williams has about 1.5% better accuracy...about 6 points better on QB rating (due to his 6 long runs)...nearly identical yards-per-completion...TVD has more yardage...and TVD is the clear leader on stringing together consistent passing performances. And both guys played in sub-prime P5 conferences (i.e., not the SEC or Big 10). Both are acclaimed as cool level-headed leaders in the huddle and on the sidelines.

So let's say, just for argumentative purposes, that TVD was ranked as the #5 QB in the country and Williams was the #1 QB in the country (I have no idea who numbers 2 through 4 are, but I digress).

So people are arguing that we should destroy our QB room, give up the #5 QB in the country, risk losing Garcia, and send a signal to ALL of our players that we do not even respect our best player enough to show loyalty and not chase a shiny new toy...and all to get a guy who is marginally better (assuming that the #1 QB can produce consistently better results than the #5 QB)...

Makes no sense at all. This is just PlayStation All-Americans trying to build real-life rosters like they build video game rosters. Ridiculous.

This reminds me of that jag-off on the Canes Fans Facebook page who kept posting that UM should take Bo Nix from the portal and get rid of TVD. Because "fit". And "SEC".

Yeah, I've never understood this insanity.

Williams has about 1.5% better accuracy...about 6 points better on QB rating (due to his 6 long runs)...nearly identical yards-per-completion...TVD has more yardage...and TVD is the clear leader on stringing together consistent passing performances. And both guys played in sub-prime P5 conferences (i.e., not the SEC or Big 10). Both are acclaimed as cool level-headed leaders in the huddle and on the sidelines.

So let's say, just for argumentative purposes, that TVD was ranked as the #5 QB in the country and Williams was the #1 QB in the country (I have no idea who numbers 2 through 4 are, but I digress).

So people are arguing that we should destroy our QB room, give up the #5 QB in the country, risk losing Garcia, and send a signal to ALL of our players that we do not even respect our best player enough to show loyalty and not chase a shiny new toy...and all to get a guy who is marginally better (assuming that the #1 QB can produce consistently better results than the #5 QB)...

Makes no sense at all. This is just PlayStation All-Americans trying to build real-life rosters like they build video game rosters. Ridiculous.

This reminds me of that jag-off on the Canes Fans Facebook page who kept posting that UM should take Bo Nix from the portal and get rid of TVD. Because "fit". And "SEC".
Caleb has great play makers , good run game and a good ol. Yet he still had some very questionable games. I don’t see anything that says one is better than the other next to hype out of HS. Sound familiar?

I think both will be very good next year and be eventual pros. But going off the one thing we know for sure is TVD played better last year. The rest is speculation. This even being a conversation is a little crazy.

Advertisement
Barstool should just offer him $2 mil to go to Jax State for a year. It would probably hurt his development less as a QB than going to Jaw-ja or LSU.

Advertisement
GIF by HyperX

For OU. Jesus they got shredded this off-season/end of season. good lord.
And who cares.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back