Caleb f-ing Williams to the portal??

Advertisement
Advertisement
No logical reason to do this if it’s about just school/playing ball. Only thing I see here, is a bidding war angle. Open it up, and see which booster ponies up fattest NIL bag. Unlike pro sports, college players can now basically get a “new contract” anytime they hit the portal. Lol

Prob just wants OU boosters to fund a fat NIL deal for him and then he'll stay, get paid, and be a hero still lol. Or see if someone else wants to throw $1M his way. It's actually a phenomenal place to be from a leverage standpoint, good for him (terrible for college footballs as a whole)
Yep this is what I’m thinking

Advertisement
man we go dam near 2 decades with mediocre at best qb play and the one time we can get an impact freshman qb we already have one? What type of deal with the devil did we sign, this is getting cruel, lol.. We already had the 6 games only of rousseua where he opts out due to worldwide plague
Im convinced that Sam J did make a deal with devil. There is no other way to explain the past 20 years. UM should be one of the easiest schools to be above average at minimum in football. Literally you just need a competent coach and an administration to drink a half a glass of giveafuk juice and 9 wins should be the floor with this team in this conference every year.

Oh..and Id sign that deal again for what we got in return :)

Maybe the best true freshman QB I've ever seen.

And I'm old

Kid has all the skills and cool demeanor to match.

Just a natural for the position
Physically impressive, sure. Kid was very inconsistent. Needs a lot of work on his pocket presence and foot work. Leaves the pocket way too soon and makes a lot of reckless off balance throws.

with the NIL stuff, the only way to fix this is mandatory sit out year, no waivers. Otherwise their is literally zero reason not to immediately hit the market as soon as you have a good season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Physically impressive, sure. Kid was very inconsistent. Needs a lot of work on his pocket presence and foot work. Leaves the pocket way too soon and makes a lot of reckless off balance throws.

No to disagree, but Williams basically went from his junior season in high school to his freshman season at OU because D.C. postponed the fall 2020 season.

So in a sense it's understandable that the kid is very much a work in progress.

I did see him come straight off the bench in the Red River Shootout and make some absolutely jaw-dropping plays.

Looking forward to seeing how he progresses whether he stays in Norman or heads elsewhere

I'd expect a top 5 of USC, OU, ND, TAMU and UGA.
TAMU already took Brad Johnson’s son Lefty Max Johnson from LSU.

Agree on USC, ND & UGA being in his top list, I think he’s going to go to either USC or ND.

I don’t think he’d really wanna go to UGA & I don’t think he’s really a Kirby type QB, Kirby prefers game manager QB’s who are safe with the ball & are well you know...

Plus, he already signed 5-star QB Gunner Stockton in the 2022 class, while already having 5-star Brock Vandagriff from the 21 class & high 4-star Carson Beck from the 2020 class & former 5-star transfer JT Daniels.

Im convinced that Sam J did make a deal with devil. There is no other way to explain the past 20 years. UM should be one of the easiest schools to be above average at minimum in football. Literally you just need a competent coach and an administration to drink a half a glass of giveafuk juice and 9 wins should be the floor with this team in this conference every year.

Oh..and Id sign that deal again for what we got in return :)
Asked and answered.

Advertisement
Back