Cager recruiting Gibson on twitter

I enjoy his efforts and it's definitely a net positive but...

1. He hasn't landed anyone. Appears that marcus Lewis is going to UK. Tweeting out recruits to go elsewhere does not equal pull.
2. Wont have much impact on kids he's known for three weeks

Definitely seems like a confident leader that isn't shy according to Shaq's dad and was able to get the 2016 kids to communicate which is great. Now that he has met all those 2016 kids and they won't sign a year from now he can actually have more of an impact on them then a kid who he just met a couple weeks ago. Still, kids will do what's best for them at the end of the day. That's why we seem Cronkrite, Jaquan, and Irvin, lifelong friends with um ties, going to separate schools.

I like the positive vibe he brings. Buddy is puttin' in work and I respect that. I don't care if he goes 0-15...He will have the same batting average as half our coaches and he aint getting paid to do this. So whats your point? lol.

Advertisement
Notice how Gibson said that Cager can just text him...

That's code for "bro, you cool and all, but don't put my business on the internet like that." LOL

1. He hasn't landed anyone. Appears that marcus Lewis is going to UK. Tweeting out recruits to go elsewhere does not equal pull.

Definitely seems like a confident leader that isn't shy according to Shaq's dad and was able to get the 2016 kids to communicate which is great. Now that he has met all those 2016 kids and they won't sign a year from now he can actually have more of an impact on them then a kid who he just met a couple weeks ago. Still, kids will do what's best for them at the end of the day. That's why we seem Cronkrite, Jaquan, and Irvin, lifelong friends with um ties, going to separate schools.

I like the positive vibe he brings. Buddy is puttin' in work and I respect that. I don't care if he goes 0-15...He will have the same batting average as half our coaches and he aint getting paid to do this. So whats your point? lol.

My point is people are crowning the kid and overhyping a story when nothing is there. Like I said I like his confident leadership he brings as well.

My point is people are crowning the kid and overhyping a story when nothing is there. Like I said I like his confident leadership he brings as well.

Understand your point but are you mad or nah?

Op watch out its not good to talk about recruits that love the canes and have shown more love to the program in a month than ive seen from kids that been here for years, kid just has "it" has more pull in are state than the kids from the state this and old school cane!!!!
The guys you're dogging had the same enthusiasm Cager does before they came here and languished in Folden's busted system for a couple years and lost that youthful exuberance and hope.

You'll be dogging these new guys like Cager in a year or two when some fresh-faced recruit hits the send button on a tweet that jostles your junk.

Advertisement

His love of the U runs as deep as his options. I ain't fooled. Bama comes in with that eleventh hour offer, and all you'll see is that Road Runner dust cloud from his feet spinning toward Tuscaloosa.

No I'm glad he's doing it it's an overall net positive. I just think some fans are delusional in their approach to things and get too hype over nothing then end up being disapponted. It's a cycle. Three years from now if we are still irrelevant you'll be bashing cager like you were bashing Duke johnson the other day

No I'm glad he's doing it it's an overall net positive. I just think some fans are delusional in their approach to things and get too hype over nothing then end up being disapponted. It's a cycle. Three years from now if we are still irrelevant you'll be bashing cager like you were bashing Duke johnson the other day

True, Duke is probably the most loved and most hated on hurricane of all time. Sure he is a great player and the all time rushing leader and I love Duke but for me personally, the whole ordeal about him alledgedlly telling a kid not to come here and his mother's comments has a left sour ending on his career at UM imo. Say what you want but edgerrin james didn't say or do anything like that when we was down at Miami.... I see your point. Fans are hoping for a glimmer of hope. It is interesting that an out of state kid is showing more love for the school than our own. And it has been like that for a minute in the past recruiting cycles.... Until that changes we are not going to be back. The 2016 class seems to be different. Only time will tell

Last edited:

True, Duke is probably the most loved and most hated hurricane of all time. Sure he is a great player and the all time rushing leader and I love Duke but for me personally, the whole ordeal about him alledgedlly telling a kid not to come here and his mother's comments has a left sour ending on his career at UM imo. Say what you want but edgerrin james didn't say or do anything like that when we was down at Miami.... I see your point. Fans are hoping for a glimmer of hope. It is interesting that an out of state kid is showing more love for the school than our own. And it has been like that for a minute in the past recruiting cycles.... Until that changes we are not going to be back. The 2016 class seems to be different. Only time will tell

Duke is only hated by retards. He's universally loved and appreciated by real UM fans. Don't pretend to speak for UM fans by calling Duke "the most hated Cane."

Advertisement

True, Duke is probably the most loved and most hated hurricane of all time. Sure he is a great player and the all time rushing leader and I love Duke but for me personally, the whole ordeal about him alledgedlly telling a kid not to come here and his mother's comments has a left sour ending on his career at UM imo. Say what you want but edgerrin james didn't say or do anything like that when we was down at Miami.... I see your point. Fans are hoping for a glimmer of hope. It is interesting that an out of state kid is showing more love for the school than our own. And it has been like that for a minute in the past recruiting cycles.... Until that changes we are not going to be back. The 2016 class seems to be different. Only time will tell

Duke is only hated by retards. He's universally loved and appreciated by real UM fans. Don't pretend to speak for UM fans by calling Duke "the most hated Cane."

I have heard from quite a few canes fans that complained that Duke doesnt show up in big games, he's always hurt etc...

Nothing is there? The kid is trying to get a highly touted recruit to join him and people are happy about it. That's all there is to it. Relax.

wut

wut

Meant to say hated on hurriCane.

Advertisement
Was this cager guy related to any former canes? I just checked his twitter his excitment is off the charts already taking pics of signing day papers getting to arguments with rival fans, recruiting everyone talking **** on everyone? Does he have a family member that was a cane or was he orginally bron in south florida??? His passion is off the charts

Was this cager guy related to any former canes? I just checked his twitter his excitment is off the charts already taking pics of signing day papers getting to arguments with rival fans, recruiting everyone talking **** on everyone? Does he have a family member that was a cane or was he orginally bron in south florida??? His passion is off the charts

He didn't get the bama offer he wanted. He subscribes to this theory: If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

Ahmmon Richards ‏@AhmmonR2 4h4 hours ago
@quick_tg6 we got a chance #TheU #canesfam

Richards pulling a Cager and recruting Gibson. he tweeted that to him after golden and coley went too see gibson.

Advertisement
@rivalsmike: WR Lawrence Cager tells me he's solid to #Miami #Canes despite now committable offer from #Bama. #TheU pic.twitter.com/CtwPJx6u8h

But you do speak for "real" fans? One can like a player overall and appreciate what he did on field and still think he should've aired his laundry behind closed doors since it accomplished zero except possibly hurting the team. But in your world I guess one isn't real enough if one thinks that

image.jpg

I know looking at Twitter for accurate signs is a cross between astrology and voodoo but I swear Gibson had "committed to THE Ohio State University" earlier this week.

Dreaming big?

Advertisement
Back