Cager: Kirby vs Richt

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t get how they can have all these great recruiting classes each year and then Cager is on the radar. That many fails at wr?

I have no ill will toward Cager but I'm also apathetic to caring one way or another about what he does (or doesn't do) in the future. All I do know is that if we compare his season numbers next year to let's say those of KJ Osborn that I don't wanna hear the nonsense about "SEC defenses" or Jaw-ja's strength of schedule.

Advertisement
I don’t get how they can have all these great recruiting classes each year and then Cager is on the radar. That many fails at wr?

What’s confusing?

Half this board (or more) are hoping the kid Ohio State told to kick rocks becomes our starting QB, based off his high school ranking and QB1 episodes.

One team’s trash is another’s treasure ...

Cager looks the part. And his high school credentials suggest he can play.

UGA lost 3 WRs to the NFL draft, 2 were juniors. They return Holloman and Robertson. They also added a 5-star recruit. Cager should be in the mix for a starting receiver position. With their running game, he might be a nightmare as a slot.

What’s confusing?

Half this board (or more) are hoping the kid Ohio State told to kick rocks becomes our starting QB, based off his high school ranking and QB1 episodes.

UGA lost 3 WRs to the NFL draft, 2 were juniors. They return Holloman and Robertson. They also added a 5-star recruit. Cager should be in the mix for a starting receiver position. With their running game, he might be a nightmare as a slot.

Oh, UGA fans will certainly be having nightmares (I imagine their dreams will involve being beaten to death by Cager, but his hands have been replaced with giant frying pans)

Advertisement
He'll have 6+ tds and be 1 of their better wr's

Agreed. Unfortunately for him he's joining another offense that's heavy on isolation routes so he will be miscast as a big X receiver who is expected to win on the outside. He's no Riley Ridley as a route runner and even Ridley struggled to produce in that scheme.

The coach that figures out that Cager belongs on the inside in stack/bunch alignments is going to unlock a pretty solid weapon. If I was his agent I'd try to steer him to a team like the Raiders.

What’s confusing?

Thank you for your input. Statement stands. I will be surprised
What’s confusing?

Tate was a star in HS and a big time recruit at OSU when OSU was bringing in loaded classes. That is where that excitement stems from.

Cager played HS ball well. Barely played at the U. Had the FSU highlight. Have to meh him if I were a UGA fan.

But I hope he tears it up. I will pay attention to see. Just not seeing it.

Advertisement
What’s confusing?

Wish him well however - kid couldnt create separation against sub par talent -- SEC eats him up

He has all the physical attributes to be a outstanding receiver ....its unfortunate that he couldn't do it here

Since he's transferred .....this is UGA news now..... and I only follow Cane news

But I wish him nothing but the best

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back