Cade Weldon

Loose Cannon

Junior
According to SMDH, Cade hasn't been to practice in two weeks and still isn't back today. Anybody still buying pink-eye or is he getting ready to bolt?

Advertisement
Yea kinda wanted to see him in the spring game but Weldon not playing kinda screwed him so I think he gone. You can have pink eye up to 2 weeks but I'm just trying to be objective

Advertisement
Yea kinda wanted to see him in the spring game but Weldon not playing kinda screwed him so I think he gone. You can have pink eye up to 2 weeks but I'm just trying to be objective
I've also heard of infections and complications with it, but with his level of access to an elite medical staff?

Let's be honest. There is no way a case of conjunctivitis has him out this long. He's either suspended for blazing again or has quit the team. Is what it is

Advertisement
If he does transfer out it will be annoying for qb depth in the future because you have to believe after this year whoever wins the job between perry and Williams the other is transferring

If he does transfer out it will be annoying for qb depth in the future because you have to believe after this year whoever wins the job between perry and Williams is transferring
I wouldn't bet the farm on that. Both of those guys have a ton of potential. Whenever one of them "gets it" as far as what CMR is looking for, that person is going to be hard to hold off the field. Even if Jarron or Perry manage to get the job from Rosier this season, I still would not count the other out next season.

So, one of two things. He either has an extremely rare and virulent form of conjunctivitis, which is technically possible and DOES exist but very uncommon, or something else is going on.

It may only be a tiny percentage chance, but people can get nasty eye infections associated with contacts, or allergies from constant scratching, and the like. Rare, but it happens.

Obviously, odds are it’s something else.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Whatever it is, I'm grateful for it. It has allowed Williams to more quickly get reps with the 2s.

when-you-eat-the-booty-like-groceries-tindervsreality-comment-below-11666191.png

Richt found out he was a Nole plant. He's been locked in a dark closet for the last two weeks, recovering.

Advertisement
You take the eye drops and it clears up in a day or two. Not buying that.

Not all the time.

More like 2 days to 2 weeks on average. But some severe infections can last for months

Totally depends on the treatment used, the degree and source of the infection( viral or bacterial) and your ability to prevent re-infection.

and NO ( I'm not talking to you ) you can't get it from just sitting on the toilet

Last edited:
If he does transfer out it will be annoying for qb depth in the future because you have to believe after this year whoever wins the job between perry and Williams the other is transferring

Not at all, it just means one **** of a QB competition next spring, and with Rosier out of the mix.

I have had various eye infections - been wearing contacts for 40+ years. Some are quick to clear and the eye drops work wonders in a day or two.. I have even scratched my cornea putting them in and let me tell you, that is a couple of weeks. It starts out like an eye infection - but it generally is very painful and takes a long time to clear up. Perhaps, in the vein of being positive, this is what happened.

It is really tough to be in the sunlight with that kind of issue.

A little surprised he hasn't been in street clothes on the sidelines though.... You can wear sunglasses...

Guess we wait for the post practice press conference

Advertisement
Back