Byron Cowart

Advertisement
I told everyone when he was ranked that high that these people doing the rankings don't know ****. Anybody who saw him play in high school could see he didnt dominate like that. He was maybe worthy of like top 300 status but them mother ****** were high as **** putting him anywhere near the top overall player

I hope Auburn kept their reciept. They probably won't be able to get their money back but hopefully Seffner will give them store credit.

Living in Tampa and being very familiar with their program and several players from that era, I never thought he should have been a 5 star. He didn't show that on the field and played inferior competition. He looked the part, but I knew when he faced kids his size, he'd be the typical Armwood flame out.

I think I'm changing my mind on getting players from Armwood. All of their star players tend to flake out after hs all the way back to Petey and Eric Smith, Matt Patchen, Angelo Hadley, Demetrius McCray, and Kalvin Bailey. Ryne Giddens is the only one to actually produce in college...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Wouldn't be shocked if he ended up at USF. Read that he wants to be closer to his mom because of a medical issue and he wants playing time

Being a USF Alum, I would support Cowart going there because they can use as many big bodied DL they can get.

Wouldn't be shocked if he ended up at USF. Read that he wants to be closer to his mom because of a medical issue and he wants playing time

Being a USF Alum, I would support Cowart going there because they can use as many big bodied DL they can get.

USF alum myself so I'm all behind it. Think it would be great on both ends

Washing out at Auburn. Hasn't done much there but is a former Top 5 national recruit...would you kick the tires?

Based on depth of position this is a no for us, but in the past where we were thin we'd kick the tires.

With that said Lan Tiffin is all over Cowart.

latest

Is that him? White nerdy guy with bad eyesight? Looks like he got lost walking over to the chemistry lab and ended up on the practice field by mistake.

Advertisement
If you cannot play at auburn you definitely can't play at the U

I reacted that way initially too but his DC is Kevin Steele, who has been washed up for years. Never know what a fresh start can do for one of these kids, and we need DT depth next year.

Yeah, I tell ya...I love Nesta, but will he be ready to roll right when he steps onto campus? Weight wise, college speed, etc.?

Just saying, if we lose both of our starting DTs, which is a very strong possibility, where are we? Moten is gone. So we bank on Willis coming back and on Bethel, Ford and Nesta carrying the load? Not loving it. Even with somebody like Briggs coming in.

Would love to know where Richt and Kool think they are with JCs, etc at this position for some instant experience / depth.

UM

If you cannot play at auburn you definitely can't play at the U

I reacted that way initially too but his DC is Kevin Steele, who has been washed up for years. Never know what a fresh start can do for one of these kids, and we need DT depth next year.

Yeah, I tell ya...I love Nesta, but will he be ready to roll right when he steps onto campus? Weight wise, college speed, etc.?

Just saying, if we lose both of our starting DTs, which is a very strong possibility, where are we? Moten is gone. So we bank on Willis coming back and on Bethel, Ford and Nesta carrying the load? Not loving it. Even with somebody like Briggs coming in.

Would love to know where Richt and Kool think they are with JCs, etc at this position for some instant experience / depth.

UM

I can answer that for you. It's one of the main reason kool recruits de that are versatile & can play the run well. His thought is a speed Line throughout. If we have four big athletic de/on the field it compliments the style of play. Traditionally our dt depth will be tested a lil bit but overall well be just fine. Bethel is solid & Ford is big enough to allow the youngins to developed some. Not the best of spots to be in against heavy run teams but the acc is short on that except the techs of the world.

Living in Tampa and being very familiar with their program and several players from that era, I never thought he should have been a 5 star. He didn't show that on the field and played inferior competition. He looked the part, but I knew when he faced kids his size, he'd be the typical Armwood flame out.

I think I'm changing my mind on getting players from Armwood. All of their star players tend to flake out after hs all the way back to Petey and Eric Smith, Matt Patchen, Angelo Hadley, Demetrius McCray, and Kalvin Bailey. Ryne Giddens is the only one to actually produce in college...

Eric Striker was solid for OU. Killed Bama by himself.

case1.gif

Advertisement

Eric Striker was solid for OU. Killed Bama by himself.

case1.gif

True. But for every Eric Striker and Matt Jones I'll raise you a Mywan Jackson and Leon Mcquay

Advertisement
Back