TeamOCPPG vs P5 Teams
2016 MiamiRicht/Brown29.3
2017 MiamiRicht/Brown25.91
2018 MiamiRicht/Brown21.7
2019 MiamiEnos25.55
2020 MiamiLashlee34.3
2021 MiamiLashlee34
2022 MiamiGattis15.17

I'm going to do some research later this week to put into perspective how bad this offense is historically against other teams. If there's anyone who still wants Gattis around... why? At this point I don't know what value we get out of keeping Gattis around any longer.

TeamDCPPG vs P5 Teams
2016 MiamiDiaz21.8
2017 MiamiDiaz20.91
2018 MiamiDiaz21.2
2019 MiamiBaker/Banda23
2020 MiamiBaker/Banda28.3
2021 MiamiDiaz31.8
2022 MiamiSteele27.67

Obviously tonight was a bad night for Steele. We'll see how he does the rest of the season but today was not encouraging.
d7f739b6f8164e3ccec6a78dbd53bb6c-1491917825.gif

Advertisement
Why don’t we run screen plays? The only one I remember was the abortion when Knighton fumbled vs Duke (I think)
I’ve been dying to see the flare routes that were so successful with knighton last year. I also haven’t seen much of Mallory up the seam which he had some success with last year.

It’s like they looked at what these players did best last year and said “***** it we’re going to do the opposite!”

Last edited:
Advertisement
Here’s a stat that’s gonna be really painful...

MIAMI HAS ONLY SCORED A GRAND TOTAL OF 8 TOUCHDOWNS AGAINST P5 OPPONENTS.

That’s it, just 8...

If it wasn’t for the Bethune, Southern Miss & Midd Tenn ST games, we would undoubtedly be the worst scoring Offense in the Nation through 9 games in the season...

That’s soooooooooooooooooooo bad, like not good at all, not even a little bit lol

Here’s a stat that’s gonna be really painful...

MIAMI HAS ONLY SCORED A GRAND TOTAL OF 8 TOUCHDOWNS AGAINST P5 OPPONENTS.

That’s it, just 8...

If it wasn’t for the Bethune, Southern Miss & Midd Tenn ST games, we would undoubtedly be the worst scoring Offense in the Nation through 9 games in the season...

That’s soooooooooooooooooooo bad, like not good at all, not even a little bit lol
No rushing TDs this year against P5 Opponents.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not a single one...

I laughed out loud when UM had 2nd and goal on the 1 yard line, and somehow it resulted in a 5 yard loss, and then a fumble on the play after that.

If we lived in feudal-era Japan, society would expect that the entire staff would commit seppuku out of shame at the conclusion of the game.

Steele would be ok if he had a P5 LB group vs FCS level. I'd give him 1-2 more years then let Strong take over.

I'd actually let Ponce take over from this point. Let him fail as well so there is enough pressure to drop both!

Just to put it in perspective the 2022 Miami Hurricanes Offense is producing 44.6% of the offensive output of the 2021 Miami hurricanes offense.

That’s a 55.4% reduction… I have a really hard time believing that one off-season made the players regress that dramatically.

Advertisement
Back