By far the biggest loss

Canething

Junior
To the team is Lamar Miller. Eduardo & Mike are solid, but not difference makers. Every single player that left will be replaced, except Miller.

Advertisement
+1

RB is a position that needs 2-3 every year. No reason why UM doesn't have a back that can go to the house on any given play. Too much elite level speed/talent in SoFl for UM not to have that on the roster.

RB Recruiting by class

08- Pat Hill
09- James, Miller
10- Clements, Hagan, Hall, Storm
11- Grooms, Crawford

All the talk of lack of depth at other spots, this is almost criminal. Almost feel we need at least 3 in this cycle.

Advertisement
This is a complete rebuild kids. Complete. This year is a defensive depth and skill rebuild. Next year is offense. Nothing of substance happens before 2014.

I'm telling you Golden walked into a complete and total disaster.

This is a complete rebuild kids. Complete. This year is a defensive depth and skill rebuild. Next year is offense. Nothing of substance happens before 2014.

Disaster? Nah. According to some, Randy built Miami's talent level back up

Watch the other spring games and you will feel a lot better. NC,Virginia,Duke,BC are replacing many starters and are very young. From what i've seen Canes defense looks better than those teams. Offense was very basic. Joe Z said,'Ficsh told them he would be showing nothing'. He did mention that they put in some West Virginia passing plays they used against Clemson but will not use until the season. Also mentioned Ficsh is already scheming on how to get Duke in open space. Solid defense, great special teams can win a lot of games. Throw in a player that can take it to the house from anywhere. Who will stop Duke when the Canes need 5 yards and he gets the ball in space. Ficsh can move him around and find mismatches. One player with this kind of ability can make everyone better even if he is used as a decoy. Ficsh uses this kid right and he will have a Sammy Watkins type effect on this team. Being a RB will make it easier to get the ball in his hands.

Advertisement

Nights? Haha just kidding

Thats what I have thought all along. Give golden one or two more full recruiting classes and we will see a huge difference. I look for the defense to much improved this year. But fans need to understand this will take some time.

The gaping hole between last years class and the sophomore's of next years class is inexcusable. How the **** did Randy leave us this bad? I mean, the team next year is going to be hard to watch at times. Like 1997 hard to watch. But **** it, we need to be young, play our kids, let them get that **** out of their system. It's going to be rough this year.

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];404099 said:

Thats what I have thought all along. Give golden one or two more full recruiting classes and we will see a huge difference. I look for the defense to much improved this year. But fans need to understand this will take some time.

Yall say this BS every year b/c you've already foolishly crowned Golden. he had talent to work with last year. all he had to do is add to it like most every great coach does. it's the samething this year. Some of those 30+ recruits need to come in and play right away simular to whatr Saban (a coach you love to compare him too) did at bama. Time will tell.

If Golden can replace talent and limit the ridiculous amount of coaching blunders from last year he'll be alright.

Advertisement
Streeter leaving is the biggest loss IMO. We have nobody on the outside that commands respect. Teams will be able to stack the box against us until somebody steps up outside.

Lamar finds seam = instant touchdown.

Streeter was a huge loss. Lamar even bigger.

There is no one on the roster right now that can replace either one of them.

Advertisement
Back