Buzz from Saturday’s practice

View as article
Physical means he’s not thinking about the injury, and shying away from contact. That’s good news.
Imo playing physical is the easiest part when coming back for a rb. Going full steam ahead, playing north and south is nothing more than effort. The thinking comes in when playing in space or trying to make guys miss in a phone booth. Stopping / going. That’s the part that can make you a tad uncomfortable when you aren’t confident in knee. Cutting / planting without thinking is when he’ll be fully back. That and the explosion hopefully returning.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Patience and time. Tbh things have worked at well for him, slowly working his way back with no pressure. He’s now getting more touches than anytime since he’s been here. Which should help his biggest issue “ confidence “.

I’m intrigued to see how things unfold. He’s not back to himself but as I’ve said “ there’s still time “. Confidence and being able to just play without thinking goes a long ways.
This is a GREAT post. Thank you!

Imo playing physical is the easiest part when coming back for a rb. Going full steam ahead, playing north and south is nothing more than effort. The thinking comes in when playing in space or trying to make guys miss in a phone booth. Stopping / going. That’s the part that can make you a tad uncomfortable when you aren’t confident in knee. Cutting / planting without thinking is when he’ll be fully back. That and the explosion hopefully returning.
+100000 need to see that next step from him but if he’s putting in the work I want nothing but success.

Just shows that RB is a concern if the main tidbit regarding RB was Trevonte is running physical. Not much from any other RB.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Here are some Saturday practice tidbits from conversations with sources:

- Miami’s quarterback room is as deep as it’s been in years. In the past, the second and third team would barely function on offense (especially in spring with multiple guys out). Now, you have several QBs who can make plays.

Cam Ward and Reese Poffenbarger in particular had big days getting out of trouble with their legs and making strong throws. This is a much more creative QB room than in years past.

- You’ve been hearing the same three names from me all spring- JoJo Trader, Ny Carr and Elija Lofton. Nothing changed today. All three made huge plays, both on and off script. Lofton in particular is extremely versatile and impressive.

- Shemar Kirk had his best day of spring with multiple big plays down the field.

- Robert Stafford has the athletic tools to play CB. He can really run. Still needs some more strength and reps, and there may be growing pains, but he has real ability. He made a nice play downfield smothering Carr.

- Meesh Powell and Xavier Restrepo continue to battle in the slot. Both are hard workers and experienced playmakers. Restrepo made a beautiful one-handed catch on a pass behind him in the seam and numerous other big catches.

- Riley Williams and Elijah Arroyo look the part. They are huge. Williams continues to make big plays down the field.

- TreVonte Citizen absorbed some big hits and finished with physicality and lean.
Love that last line

Really curious about Citizen’s progress now with Parish gone and Fletcher’s timeline unknown.

I don't believe the pressure will be on him to carry a load this season; he's more like added value, IMO, I believe it will be about a portal RB, young guys in the room stepping up or possibly leaning on Lofton if he keeps making plays.

The cutting snd burst means, he’s BACK. But what u saying is facts.

Advertisement
Just being silly right now, but if we don’t get a portal transfer RB I have 5/1 odds that Lofton starts off one game as the opening HB in an offensive set (Doesn’t get most touches or PT at the position)????

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back